Not your typical O.R.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not your typical O.R.

Undergoing a double mastectomy can be a scary experience. Yet for one woman, her surgery became a much more upbeat occasion.

Breast cancer patient Deborah Cohan checked into Mount Zion Hospital in San Francisco on Wednesday to have both of her breasts removed. But before she went under the knife, she hosted a dance party with her team of doctors.

In a now viral video, Cohan and her doctors can be seen smiling as they dance to Beyonce’s “Get Me Bodied” in the operating room.

On her CaringBridge site, Cohan also asked family and friends to organize their own dance party flash mobs in the hallway of her hospital room the day after her surgery.
    A very cool attitude toward something like a double mastectomy. That can't be something fun to go into.

FWIW, I can assure everyone that this did not happen before I got my hip replaced.
    Bask in the warmth of the Deep South
    No one will be denied:
    Big law suits and bathroom toots;
    We're all getting Dixie-fried.
    But somewhere Hank and Lefty
    Are rollin' in their graves
    While kudzu vines grow over signs that read "Jesus Saves."

What an awesome attitude. Cancer will have to work mighty damn hard to get her.
    “I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
    I aim with my eye.

"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
    I shoot with my mind.

"I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
    I kill with my heart.”

The Gunslinger Creed, Stephen King, The Dark Tower

Comment

Originally posted by daveman View Post
      What an awesome attitude. Cancer will have to work mighty damn hard to get her.
      Daveman... welcome back..

Hope all is going well with you.
      Robert Francis O'Rourke, Democrat, White guy, spent ~78 million to defeat, Ted Cruz, Republican immigrant Dark guy …
      and lost …
      But the Republicans are racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramps View Post
        Daveman... welcome back..

Hope all is going well with you.
        Thanks, Gramps. Can't complain. Wouldn't do any good anyway.
        “I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
        I aim with my eye.

"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
        I shoot with my mind.

"I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
        I kill with my heart.”

The Gunslinger Creed, Stephen King, The Dark Tower

Comment

Working...
        X