• Show
Clear All

• Celebrate!

It's been ten years since that lonely day I left you
    In the morning rain, smoking gun in hand
    Ten lonely years but how my heart, it still remembers
    Pray for me, momma, I'm a gypsy now

Boooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Colonel Vogel : What does the diary tell you that it doesn't tell us?

Professor Henry Jones : It tells me, that goose-stepping morons like yourself should try *reading* books instead of *burning* them!

Comment

I'm confused. It's Monday. Don't do this to me. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanie View Post
        I'm confused. It's Monday. Don't do this to me. lol.
        Ponder it over a margarita.
        Enjoy.

Comment

Happy Sinko Da Mayo to you too.
          If it pays, it stays

Comment

Just feeling very happy that I no longer live in Denver where I had to pick up broken beer bottles and other trash thrown out of the cruising cars celebrating Cinco de Mayo.

Whupping the French is hardly worth celebrating.
            "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Comment

Our hometown community consists of 5 small towns where the county has a wonderful mixture of Mexican and cowboy cultures. If you dislike Mexican food, you might be a racist.
              May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
              Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
              And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
              may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Comment

Originally posted by Gingersnap View Post
                Just feeling very happy that I no longer live in Denver where I had to pick up broken beer bottles and other trash thrown out of the cruising cars celebrating Cinco de Mayo.

Whupping the French is hardly worth celebrating.
                Must've been Cinco de Mayo every Friday night in the little beach town where we lived in Florida. "cause I sure 'nuff had that problem nearly every Saturday morning.
                "Since the historic ruling, the Lovings have become icons for equality. Mildred released a statement on the 40th anniversary of the ruling in 2007: 'I am proud that Richard’s and my name is on a court case that can help reinforce the love, the commitment, the fairness, and the family that so many people, Black or white, young or old, gay or straight, seek in life. I support the freedom to marry for all. That’s what Loving, and loving, are all about.'." - Mildred Loving (Loving v. Virginia)

Comment

Originally posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
                  Must've been Cinco de Mayo every Friday night in the little beach town where we lived in Florida. "cause I sure 'nuff had that problem nearly every Saturday morning.
                  In Denver the cruising thing is very big for the 5th of May with hundreds of cars, Mexican music, Mexican flags, etc. The police try to stop it but the cars just divert to new streets. It was always a huge mess because I lived on a secondary street that ended up at a big park.

Comment

Originally posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
                    I told you not to throw the bottles out the window as you're pulling in the driveway.
                    The year's at the spring
                    And day's at the morn;
                    Morning's at seven;
                    The hill-side's dew-pearled;
                    The lark's on the wing;
                    The snail's on the thorn:
                    God's in his heaven—
                    All's right with the world!

Comment

Originally posted by Gingersnap View Post
                      In Denver the cruising thing is very big for the 5th of May with hundreds of cars, Mexican music, Mexican flags, etc. The police try to stop it but the cars just divert to new streets. It was always a huge mess because I lived on a secondary street that ended up at a big park.
                      Be a shame if your car "broke down" backing out of your driveway and blocked off the street.
                      The year's at the spring
                      And day's at the morn;
                      Morning's at seven;
                      The hill-side's dew-pearled;
                      The lark's on the wing;
                      The snail's on the thorn:
                      God's in his heaven—
                      All's right with the world!

Comment

Originally posted by Novaheart View Post
                        Be a shame if your car "broke down" backing out of your driveway and blocked off the street.
                        LOL! I moved years ago so the issue is over for me. I did make guacamole Saturday but that was for a non-Mexican party.

Comment

Seems like such a strange, trivial holiday for us to celebrate. Just an excuse for Mexican restaurants to sell out of margaritas and frozen drinks.

I've been told they don't even really celebrate Cinco in Mexico. It's just an American gimmick.
                          “Any sufficiently advanced capitalism is indistinguishable from rent seeking.” ~ =j

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Servo View Post
                            Seems like such a strange, trivial holiday for us to celebrate. Just an excuse for Mexican restaurants to sell out of margaritas and frozen drinks.

I've been told they don't even really celebrate Cinco in Mexico. It's just an American gimmick.
                            Huge revenue generator for the City of Anchorage via DUI dragnets outside of Mexican Restaurants.
                            If it pays, it stays

Comment

New Years Eve
                              St Patrick's Day
                              Cinco De Mayo

Contrived, amateur drunk days/nights...

I don't participate because I'm a professional drunk and refuse to mingle with the amateur riffraff.

When I had to visit Denver frequently, I always avoided the time frame around May 5th.
                              Same as my avoidance of Detroit around Halloween.
                              Robert Francis O'Rourke, Democrat, White guy, spent ~78 million to defeat, Ted Cruz, Republican immigrant Dark guy …
                              and lost …
                              But the Republicans are racist.

Comment

Working...
                              X