2019 Kodiak Alaska Mountain Goat Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Kodiak Alaska Mountain Goat Hunt

A picture is worth a thousand words so here are 17,000 words for you. Kodiak is gorgeous, wild, rugged, and apparently will smack you in the face if you are not careful.

If it pays, it stays

If it pays, it stays

Comment

Last edited by Frostbit; Saturday, August 31, 2019, 8:03 PM.
      If it pays, it stays

Comment

If it pays, it stays

Comment

Helluva gash.

Kodiak is one of those places that I regret not visiting. I had a college roommate who sang its praises frequently (he worked a fishing boat out of there every summer to pay his tuition).

The pictures remind me a little bit of Seward, which I found absolutely delightful and I wish I could have had more than just a day there.
          Bask in the warmth of the Deep South
          No one will be denied:
          Big law suits and bathroom toots;
          We're all getting Dixie-fried.
          But somewhere Hank and Lefty
          Are rollin' in their graves
          While kudzu vines grow over signs that read "Jesus Saves."

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
            Helluva gash.

Kodiak is one of those places that I regret not visiting. I had a college roommate who sang its praises frequently (he worked a fishing boat out of there every summer to pay his tuition).

The pictures remind me a little bit of Seward, which I found absolutely delightful and I wish I could have had more than just a day there.
            The Goat and I have matching scars above the left eye now.
            If it pays, it stays

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
              Helluva gash.

The Seward & Kodiak comparison is reasonable until you walk about after 10:00 pm downtown. It's a hard drinking place with an edge. Lots of pretty hardcore commercial fisherman. Sewrad has more of a tourist town feel because of being accessible on the road system.
              If it pays, it stays

Comment

Meat review ------ Steaks, even from the backstrap, are a bit dense (tough) but edible. The flavor is wonderful. The burger is to die for.
                If it pays, it stays

Comment

IMG_2431.jpg
                  If it pays, it stays

Comment

Working...
                  X