Chesapeake Bay Bridge 10K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Brrrr. The current temperature here is reportedly 42. All I know is, I just took the elderly dachshund out to pee, and I could see my breath on the air. He hustled right back inside with no dawdling. Apparently even a dog fur coat is not enough. My hands may thaw around 10 AM. Or not.
    LOL. You've been living in warm places for too long! It's 41 here right now and I have on flip flops.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

Originally posted by phillygirl View Post

LOL. You've been living in warm places for too long! It's 41 here right now and I have on flip flops.
      The thing is here, it seldom gets really warm, but it even more rarely gets really cold, unless you go up in the mountains. We'll get some winter nights in the high 30s, and some September days in the upper 70s or, once in a blue moon, very low 80s. Mostly it hovers between 55 and 68. Year-'round. We each own 1 pair of shorts. Swimsuit for the hot tub at the Airb'n'b in Tahoe. Winter jackets that come out only for Tahoe trips. Ditto warm boots. And none of the cold-weather gear would be enough if we were actually living there. If we went back to visit Florida (or Maryland in the summer), we'd have to hit Target on the way in from the airport.
      "Since the historic ruling, the Lovings have become icons for equality. Mildred released a statement on the 40th anniversary of the ruling in 2007: 'I am proud that Richard’s and my name is on a court case that can help reinforce the love, the commitment, the fairness, and the family that so many people, Black or white, young or old, gay or straight, seek in life. I support the freedom to marry for all. That’s what Loving, and loving, are all about.'." - Mildred Loving (Loving v. Virginia)

Comment

35 here today. 43 yesterday and I was splitting wood in a T-shirt because I got overheated in a hoodie.
        If it pays, it stays

Comment

The thing is here, it seldom gets really warm, but it even more rarely gets really cold, unless you go up in the mountains. We'll get some winter nights in the high 30s, and some September days in the upper 70s or, once in a blue moon, very low 80s. Mostly it hovers between 55 and 68. Year-'round. We each own 1 pair of shorts. Swimsuit for the hot tub at the Airb'n'b in Tahoe. Winter jackets that come out only for Tahoe trips. Ditto warm boots. And none of the cold-weather gear would be enough if we were actually living there. If we went back to visit Florida (or Maryland in the summer), we'd have to hit Target on the way in from the airport.
          Temperate living is not a bad thing!
          Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

Originally posted by Frostbit View Post
            35 here today. 43 yesterday and I was splitting wood in a T-shirt because I got overheated in a hoodie.
            If my run was much longer I probably would have taken the jacket off. One guy was running in his underwear. Another guy ran in bare feet.
            Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

Originally posted by phillygirl View Post

If my run was much longer I probably would have taken the jacket off. One guy was running in his underwear. Another guy ran in bare feet.
              So, they've already released the guy from the Paul Pelosi thing?

(sorry; couldn't pass that one up)

It's been ten years since that lonely day I left you
              In the morning rain, smoking gun in hand
              Ten lonely years but how my heart, it still remembers
              Pray for me, momma, I'm a gypsy now

Comment

I'm wearing jeans - and socks. In NOVEMBER! ARRRGH

"Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."
                -John Locke

"It's all been melded together into one giant, authoritarian, leftist scream."
                -Newman

Comment

37 high today but with the sun out and no wind, it's not bad.
                  May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
                  Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
                  And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
                  may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Comment

I don't watch the weather. woke up about 5:30 still dark. After the dun came up I looked out the kitchen window and everything id white, shit I'[m not ready for deep winter.
                    Robert Francis O'Rourke, Democrat, White guy, spent ~78 million to defeat, Ted Cruz, Republican immigrant Dark guy …
                    and lost …
                    But the Republicans are racist.

Comment

Congrats PG, well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Marva View Post
                        Congrats PG, well done!
                        Thanks, LM!!
                        Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

Working...
                        X