Cuttin' Heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuttin' Heads

Bok, I'm bored. And as is my wont when I am bored, I like to make fun of you or to give you the opportunity to make a fool of yourself. So here we are.

What we're going to do is post music videos. Post as many as you like, we don't have to alternate. They can be of artists that you find interesting, or that have some special meaning to you, or even ones that you dislike for whatever reason. I don't give a shit what your criteria is for choosing them. They can be mainstream artists or really obscure. You can write something about why you posted the video or not, your choice. Again...don't care. Just go crazy up in here, Puddin'.

Here is the only requirement -- they have to be live performances. I can already hear you whining, so let me direct you to the "don't care" part of the post.

Basically I want to listen to some music that I wouldn't normally look for, so it's your job to find some for me. I will hopefully be returning the favor. Now dance, Monkey Boy.

I will start it off. I give you....Triggerfinger.

Can anybody get in on this?

These guys don't have matching pink suits, and the guitarists are more likely to look down at their shoes than deliver a high kick, and the drummer sometimes favors beats other than 2 and 4. But they do have a working knowledge of dynamic range. So there's that.

Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm dePlume View Post

These guys don't have matching pink suits, and the guitarists are more likely to look down at their shoes than deliver a high kick, and the drummer sometimes favors beats other than 2 and 4. But they do have a working knowledge of dynamic range. So there's that.

Interesting he plays slide on his ring finger and not his index. Must have been influenced by Mississippi Fred McDowell.
      If it pays, it stays

Comment

Originally posted by Norm dePlume View Post

Absolutely. I didn't mean for the thread to be discriminatory, just was looking for another excuse to smack Bok around as I'm pretty certain he is going to post some ass videos. Everybody should feel free to post here, I'm sure I will be entertained by a lot of what is posted.

Comment

I'll throw out two from one of my faves, John Hiatt. "Perfectly Good Guitar" and "Cry Love"

Comment

Just because I know Hondo liked this song so much...

We are so fucked.

Comment

And as an apology for that...

We are so fucked.

Comment

One of the best guitarists most people never heard of...

back then we didn't call it shredding, just damn good guitar playin'

We are so fucked.

Comment

Might be a bit different for you but if you play at all you realize how truly over the top difficult this piece is. Paul is playing the bass, melody, and lead all at once on one guitar then evolves into inverted chord fingerings of jazz like noodling then bringing it back to it's roots. I met him and saw him play this live at Puget Sound Guitar Workshop in I believe 1992.

If it pays, it stays

Comment

Only post you get for awhile, Cupcake. Enjoy.

P.S. Sorry I don't know how to make the videos work here.

And I'm not even drunk.
                    Last edited by Administrator; Monday, March 17, 2014, 9:05 AM. Reason: Fix video link
                    Colonel Vogel : What does the diary tell you that it doesn't tell us?

Professor Henry Jones : It tells me, that goose-stepping morons like yourself should try *reading* books instead of *burning* them!

Comment

Sorry I can't make the link work but the greatest live performance on a variety show ever.
                      Colonel Vogel : What does the diary tell you that it doesn't tell us?

Professor Henry Jones : It tells me, that goose-stepping morons like yourself should try *reading* books instead of *burning* them!

Comment

Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
                        Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

One of the songs we played at my mom's wake. She loved Fats Domino. When i was a kid we would play all her records and dance and sing in the living room. Good times.
                          Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
                          Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

Originally posted by Frostbit View Post
                            Interesting he plays slide on his ring finger and not his index. Must have been influenced by Mississippi Fred McDowell.
                            Good call.

Martsch says he began experimenting with the slide guitar after hearing Alan Lomax’s front-porch recordings of legendary bluesman Mississippi Fred McDowell.
                            Enjoy.

Comment

Here's a guy noodling on a fretless guitar:

Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X