Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rarely do I covet

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rarely do I covet

    Not envy. I don't do that. Just covet.

    And here it is. I have been stalking this house for almost four years. And it is for sale.





    "There are four lights!"

  • #2
    I prefer much less modern, but can understand why you like this.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by phillygirl View Post
      I prefer much less modern, but can understand why you like this.
      I was fortunate to go inside recently when it was on a Ft Worth architecture tour. It is unbelievable.

      It's the kind of home that requires The Girl From Ipanema to be played when you walk in.


      "There are four lights!"

      Comment


      • #4
        I'll have to start drinking Martinis, though.


        "There are four lights!"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Billy Jingo View Post
          I'll have to start drinking Martinis, though.


          The inside definitely looks nicer than the outside. Just not my style, though.
          Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
          Robert Southwell, S.J.

          Comment


          • #6
            Looks like someone took a lot of Frank Lloyd Wright inspiration.


            I would absolutely dread having a flat roof again, though. Not fun. Not fun at all.
            Bask in the warmth of the Deep South
            No one will be denied:
            Big law suits and bathroom toots;
            We're all getting Dixie-fried.
            But somewhere Hank and Lefty
            Are rollin' in their graves
            While kudzu vines grow over signs that read "Jesus Saves."

            Comment


            • #7
              Looks like a neat house... but I hope it has all the electrical and data/entertainment wiring you'll ever want. There's no chance of fishing anything through the house and concealing it.

              Comment


              • #8
                It's beautiful! Are you in the market for a new house?

                House envy is such a crazy thing. For years, we lived in the hottest hipster area. People would come up to me while I was doing yard work and beg me to keep their name and number if we ever wanted to sell (this doesn't count the real estate people who knocked on our door).

                We wanted to move and did at the top of the market and went out. Our house has some interesting features and we've improved the place with more improvement on the schedule.

                Suddenly, we are once again in a hot spot.

                I don't personally have house envy anymore. I love to look, though.

                I will say that house I would get and furnish as a single woman is different from the house I have and have furnished as part of married couple (I'm certain that's also true for Mr. Snaps).
                "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Rancher design makes sense when you get older.
                  If it pays, it stays

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Frostbit View Post
                    Rancher design makes sense when you get older.
                    Ouch.
                    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
                    Robert Southwell, S.J.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Billy Jingo View Post
                      Not envy. I don't do that. Just covet.

                      And here it is. I have been stalking this house for almost four years. And it is for sale.





                      That's a Gene Leedy rip-off.

                      http://www.geneleedy.com/structures/leavey-residence/

                      Mine and Melanie's office (part of his portfolio):

                      http://www.geneleedy.com/structures/...ynch-building/
                      "Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."

                      -John Locke

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by scott View Post
                        That's a Gene Leedy rip-off.

                        http://www.geneleedy.com/structures/leavey-residence/

                        Mine and Melanie's office (part of his portfolio):

                        http://www.geneleedy.com/structures/...ynch-building/
                        That stuff is fantastic. But his works look more like Le Corbusier than Frank Lloyd Wright. It also leans toward Brutalism.
                        "There are four lights!"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Gingersnap View Post
                          It's beautiful! Are you in the market for a new house?

                          House envy is such a crazy thing. For years, we lived in the hottest hipster area. People would come up to me while I was doing yard work and beg me to keep their name and number if we ever wanted to sell (this doesn't count the real estate people who knocked on our door).

                          We wanted to move and did at the top of the market and went out. Our house has some interesting features and we've improved the place with more improvement on the schedule.

                          Suddenly, we are once again in a hot spot.

                          I don't personally have house envy anymore. I love to look, though.

                          I will say that house I would get and furnish as a single woman is different from the house I have and have furnished as part of married couple (I'm certain that's also true for Mr. Snaps).

                          We are not looking for another house at the moment. We are just house stalkers and that is number one on the list. The house itself has a bit of a following. It is considered one of the mid-century modern jewels in Fort Worth. There is another one close to it that is nearly as nice aesthetically but has fallen on hard times. That one, I may seriously consider since it needs a lot of work.
                          "There are four lights!"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by phillygirl View Post
                            Ouch.
                            I live in a three story house. I know of what I speak. Our next will be an RV or a rancher.
                            If it pays, it stays

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Frostbit View Post
                              I live in a three story house. I know of what I speak. Our next will be an RV or a rancher.
                              I know. I go into the 3rd floor of the Maryland house about once a month, tops. It's great for company, but for myself I don't need it.
                              Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
                              Robert Southwell, S.J.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X