Walking Dead, American Horror Story: Coven, and The Witches of East End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking Dead, American Horror Story: Coven, and The Witches of East End

I have to say, so far these shows are hit with me.

Mr. Snaps is a big fan of the 'Walking Dead'. Me, not so much but the plot lines this season are interesting. I didn't watch 'American Horror' last season because the evil priest/nun trope is so 1983. The new incarnation is both different and much funnier in a black humor kind of way. Kathy Bates brought me back. 'The Witches of East End' is part soap opera and part comedy and a lot of fun so far.

Opinions?
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

The first season of American Horror Story was excellent. The Asylum story got tedious and I'm enjoying the Coven story so far but it could quickly turn into a rip-off of The Craft.

I like The Walking Dead. A LOT
    "Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."

-John Locke

Comment

I'm watching the first episode of Coven right now. Somehow I missed that it had started up again. 10 minutes in....so far so good. I did watch the lest run. It was better than expected, but still not as good as the first one. Jessica Lange is great. Interesting cast so far. I don't watch the other two.
      Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
      Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

Originally posted by phillygirl View Post
        I'm watching the first episode of Coven right now. Somehow I missed that it had started up again. 10 minutes in....so far so good. I did watch the lest run. It was better than expected, but still not as good as the first one. Jessica Lange is great. Interesting cast so far. I don't watch the other two.
        Try 'The Witches of East End'. It's not dark - it's witty a bit and very much like the 'The Witches of Eastwick' movie. Not Wiccan, not New Agey really, more witchcraft and hunky guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Gingersnap View Post
          Try 'The Witches of East End'. It's not dark - it's witty a bit and very much like the 'The Witches of Eastwick' movie. Not Wiccan, not New Agey really, more witchcraft and hunky guys.
          So ... witches who dress kind of trashy and use poor English with thick accents?
          Bask in the warmth of the Deep South
          No one will be denied:
          Big law suits and bathroom toots;
          We're all getting Dixie-fried.
          But somewhere Hank and Lefty
          Are rollin' in their graves
          While kudzu vines grow over signs that read "Jesus Saves."

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
            So ... witches who dress kind of trashy and use poor English with thick accents?
            At least one witch gets nekkid pretty often because she turns into a cat. English seems standard for TV.

Comment

At least one witch gets nekkid pretty often because she turns into a cat. English seems standard for TV.
              Shamelessly stealing from Dallas:

*spit*

Pussy.

Bask in the warmth of the Deep South
              No one will be denied:
              Big law suits and bathroom toots;
              We're all getting Dixie-fried.
              But somewhere Hank and Lefty
              Are rollin' in their graves
              While kudzu vines grow over signs that read "Jesus Saves."

Comment

Mr. Snaps is a big fan of the 'Walking Dead'. Me, not so much but the plot lines this season are interesting. I didn't watch 'American Horror' last season because the evil priest/nun trope is so 1983. The new incarnation is both different and much funnier in a black humor kind of way. Kathy Bates brought me back. 'The Witches of East End' is part soap opera and part comedy and a lot of fun so far.

Opinions?
                I think I liked American Horror Story better last year (Asylum) and liked the year before that even better (Murder House). I was telling my mom that Madison is not taking Fiona's place as supreme, and I was so right. They need to get that one guy's body put together because he's creeping me out.

I like the Walking Dead, but it's not addictive. I was so mad that they didn't kill the Governor last season. I hope they show more of him this season and not dedicate it to the air born illness.

I like Supernatural, but it's one of those "I'm going to Hell for watching" type of shows with how they portray God and angels. Jensen Ackles is sexy though. I usually like their villains. I like his no nonsense attitude to things.

Comment

Opinions?
                  I think I liked American Horror Story better last year (Asylum) and liked the year before that even better (Murder House). I was telling my mom that Madison is not taking Fiona's place as supreme, and I was so right. They need to get that one guy's body put together because he's creeping me out. I did like particular lines.

"I don't have a broom."

"Do you realize the irony of that statement?"

I like the Walking Dead, but it's not addictive. I was so mad that they didn't kill the Governor last season. I hope they show more of him this season and not dedicate it to the air born illness.

I don't watch the other one.

I like Supernatural, but it's one of those "I'm going to Hell for watching" type of shows with how they portray God and angels. Jensen Ackles is sexy though. I like his no nonsense attitude to things. I usually like the villains. I'm starting to realize that I enjoy weird and creepy stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X