Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

21 Reasons Why Being A Redhead Is Awesome

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 21 Reasons Why Being A Redhead Is Awesome

    1. Only 2% of the world’s population has red hair. So you’re a majestic unicorn, basically.


    2. You’re huge in the wizarding world.


    3. Oh, and we also have the best Disney Princess.


    4. You’ll never get lost in a crowd, because your hair is like a mighty red beacon of hope.


    5. If you dye your hair, red is the hardest shade to maintain, which means no one can REALLY ever fake your color.



    More at Link
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

  • #2
    There will be no living with Snaps after she reads this.
    We are so fucked.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by gary m View Post
      There will be no living with Snaps after she reads this.
      That assumes there was living with her in the first place.

      BTW, the odd thing about living with a red head family is the disappointment when a baby is born blonde.
      "There are four lights!"

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by gary m View Post
        There will be no living with Snaps after she reads this.
        I grew up in a family of redheads and true blonds (blond after 20+ years, not towheads). I was so lucky. Aside from the standard 'carrot top' type taunting, I had nothing but compliments and when I grew a pair (so to speak), I discovered that I had a certain exotic appeal.

        I'm also lucky in that my particular genetic format is going the distance - my mother's hair faded badly in her 40s although both my grandmothers had deep red tones in with the white until they died.

        In Sweden, true blond is common but dish-water blond is more common (along with brown hair) but redheads are also very common; there's no Ginger Hating up there. I'm always sad to read about the problems red haired people encounter in the U.K. even though it's a more common color there than here.

        Red haired people have always been exotic. Being green-eyed bumps it up a notch.

        When the time comes, I won't hesitate to help Nature along.
        "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

        Comment


        • #5
          Every single red hair on my head has turned gray. Not white, GRAY!


          That's the ginger curse. I can't even grow a respectable beard anymore, I'd look like Gramps!
          "Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."

          -John Locke

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by scott View Post
            Every single red hair on my head has turned gray. Not white, GRAY!


            That's the ginger curse. I can't even grow a respectable beard anymore, I'd look like Gramps!
            Mine's red with a few blinding white hairs at my temples. Not every red haired person goes gray.
            "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by scott View Post
              Every single red hair on my head has turned gray. Not white, GRAY!


              That's the ginger curse. I can't even grow a respectable beard anymore, I'd look like Gramps!
              It took me four months to grow a beard.

              But it was red!

              I wrote a sea shanty about it.

              Ahem ...

              His name was Mike
              And he had a beard
              And it was red red red red red

              He took a wife
              Buxom and clever
              Her hair was red red red red red

              He told his friends
              Of a song he wrote
              And it was read read read read read
              "There are four lights!"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Gingersnap View Post
                Aside from the standard 'carrot top' type taunting, I had nothing but compliments and when I grew a pair (so to speak), I discovered that I had a certain exotic appeal.
                “I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
                I aim with my eye.

                "I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
                I shoot with my mind.

                "I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
                I kill with my heart.”

                The Gunslinger Creed, Stephen King, The Dark Tower

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Billy Jingo View Post
                  It took me four months to grow a beard.

                  But it was red!

                  I wrote a sea shanty about it.

                  Ahem ...

                  His name was Mike
                  And he had a beard
                  And it was red red red red red

                  He took a wife
                  Buxom and clever
                  Her hair was red red red red red

                  He told his friends
                  Of a song he wrote
                  And it was read read read read read
                  “I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
                  I aim with my eye.

                  "I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
                  I shoot with my mind.

                  "I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
                  I kill with my heart.”

                  The Gunslinger Creed, Stephen King, The Dark Tower

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Billy Jingo View Post
                    It took me four months to grow a beard.

                    But it was red!

                    I wrote a sea shanty about it.

                    Ahem ...

                    His name was Mike
                    And he had a beard
                    And it was red red red red red

                    He took a wife
                    Buxom and clever
                    Her hair was red red red red red

                    He told his friends
                    Of a song he wrote
                    And it was read read read read read
                    I like that.
                    "Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."

                    -John Locke

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Gingersnap View Post
                      I grew up in a family of redheads and true blonds (blond after 20+ years, not towheads). I was so lucky. Aside from the standard 'carrot top' type taunting, I had nothing but compliments and when I grew a pair (so to speak), I discovered that I had a certain exotic appeal.

                      I'm also lucky in that my particular genetic format is going the distance - my mother's hair faded badly in her 40s although both my grandmothers had deep red tones in with the white until they died.

                      In Sweden, true blond is common but dish-water blond is more common (along with brown hair) but redheads are also very common; there's no Ginger Hating up there. I'm always sad to read about the problems red haired people encounter in the U.K. even though it's a more common color there than here.

                      Red haired people have always been exotic. Being green-eyed bumps it up a notch.

                      When the time comes, I won't hesitate to help Nature along.
                      So did I. Except for the youngest girl who was blonde and the two boys..one blonde and one dark brunette..the rest of our eight kid brood have red in our hair. Out of the twelve kids combined that we had, there are two strawberry blondes and three carrot redheads. So far, only one grandson has red in his hair and it's a beautiful copper color..and he's mine.

                      The only one who was a carrot top in my siblings, has been going gray for the last few years. Everyone just thinks she's blonde. Her gray is a beautiful white and she gets a ton of compliments on it. Of course, she's most vain about it too but hey, it looks good.
                      May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
                      Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
                      And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
                      may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Michele View Post
                        So did I. Except for the youngest girl who was blonde and the two boys..one blonde and one dark brunette..the rest of our eight kid brood have red in our hair. Out of the twelve kids combined that we had, there are two strawberry blondes and three carrot redheads. So far, only one grandson has red in his hair and it's a beautiful copper color..and he's mine.

                        The only one who was a carrot top in my siblings, has been going gray for the last few years. Everyone just thinks she's blonde. Her gray is a beautiful white and she gets a ton of compliments on it. Of course, she's most vain about it too but hey, it looks good.
                        I have three sisters. One a redhead, one a blonde, and one brunette. It was fun.

                        "There are four lights!"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My sister and I were strawberry blondes as babies, then towheads until our teens. In my late teens and 20's I had lots of dark red in my hair (which I methodically tried to pluck out). Some people claim my hair is strawberry blonde, but I don't really see it.

                          We have 1 redhead in the next generation. Bright red hair, with the pale skin to match, although it's now changed from carrot to a gorgeous copper, which I love. We had no idea where our reddish hair came from until my grandfather mentioned, upon the birth of the carrot type, that his mother was a redhead. Now it all makes sense.

                          I don't have much gray, but what there is, is white. I've mostly stopped plucking it out, because, well, what does it matter anyway. It sort of highlights the "golden" blonde that is most of the rest of it.
                          Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
                          Robert Southwell, S.J.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Billy Jingo View Post
                            I have three sisters. One a redhead, one a blonde, and one brunette. It was fun.

                            What a great photo! Here's all the girls from our family..my little sister (who was our blonde) is the only one without some shade of red hair:



                            These are our two grandsons..our oldest on the left is our copper top:

                            May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
                            Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
                            And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
                            may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'd show this to the multiple redheaded men I know (Ranging from true red to deep auburn) but then they would be insufferable. I'll start with the oldest. And i'm finding that I DO have a "thing" for redheaded men. So I got that going for me.

                              ~Dallas

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X