Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safe Travels

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Safe Travels

    For all who will be traveling this week for Thanksgiving, safe travels to you!
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

  • #2
    Thanks we will be very very careful walking to our neighbors house. Course Joyce will pull the C-Card. "I have cancer, can't you drive".
    If it pays, it stays

    Comment


    • #3
      Bright skies, no wind, and no ice to all travelers.

      Personally, I'm going to Winter Park with none of that.
      "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

      Comment


      • #4
        Wretched, miserable, awful weather here for the last two days. Yesterday afternoon started a rain/sleet/snow mix with the temp hanging around about 34 degrees, sometimes a little higher, sometimes a little lower, with all manner of wind, just to add some misery.

        Personally, I love the cold, but even this is pretty ugly. I have no farther to travel than the other side of the county on Thursday, for which I am ... well, thankful.
        Bask in the warmth of the Deep South
        No one will be denied:
        Big law suits and bathroom toots;
        We're all getting Dixie-fried.
        But somewhere Hank and Lefty
        Are rollin' in their graves
        While kudzu vines grow over signs that read "Jesus Saves."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Adam View Post
          Wretched, miserable, awful weather here for the last two days. Yesterday afternoon started a rain/sleet/snow mix with the temp hanging around about 34 degrees, sometimes a little higher, sometimes a little lower, with all manner of wind, just to add some misery.

          Personally, I love the cold, but even this is pretty ugly. I have no farther to travel than the other side of the county on Thursday, for which I am ... well, thankful.
          Seriously…..Wah!!
          If it pays, it stays

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Frostbit View Post
            Seriously…..Wah!!
            Well, it makes a difference for people on this side of the Mississippi who are traveling. People sort of expect that New York or Chicago or Detroit or even Dulles might be socked in this time of year, but when it starts including places like Nashville and Columbus and Pittsburgh and Philly and Atlanta, it starts having a very palpable effect on travel nation-wide.
            Bask in the warmth of the Deep South
            No one will be denied:
            Big law suits and bathroom toots;
            We're all getting Dixie-fried.
            But somewhere Hank and Lefty
            Are rollin' in their graves
            While kudzu vines grow over signs that read "Jesus Saves."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Adam View Post
              Well, it makes a difference for people on this side of the Mississippi who are traveling. People sort of expect that New York or Chicago or Detroit or even Dulles might be socked in this time of year, but when it starts including places like Nashville and Columbus and Pittsburgh and Philly and Atlanta, it starts having a very palpable effect on travel nation-wide.
              Been there, remember? Sorry, didn't mean to sound so heartless but……it's a preparedness thing for me. Always had the ability to get from point A to B regardless of weather everywhere I lived. I bought the vehicle based on worse case scenarios. I may drive a 4-matic benz up here outfitted with Blizzacks and it will get me anywhere 90% of the time. When we get an 18+ inch dump, the diesel Ram gets plugged in and brushed off. Just the way I think.

              Sorry Adam, didn't mean to offend you. You are a good egg and didn't deserve that.
              If it pays, it stays

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Frostbit View Post
                Been there, remember? Sorry, didn't mean to sound so heartless but……it's a preparedness thing for me. Always had the ability to get from point A to B regardless of weather everywhere I lived. I bought the vehicle based on worse case scenarios. I may drive a 4-matic benz up here outfitted with Blizzacks and it will get me anywhere 90% of the time. When we get an 18+ inch dump, the diesel Ram gets plugged in and brushed off. Just the way I think.

                Sorry Adam, didn't mean to offend you. You are a good egg and didn't deserve that.
                I drive a little BMW when I want to. I drive an old beater Chevy Silverado when I have to.
                "Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."

                -John Locke

                Comment


                • #9
                  Our kids came over the mountains and through the canyon on Saturday and the extended weather forecast looks beautiful..we're having a great pre-Thanksgiving time.

                  Everyone on the east coast hunker down and stay safe and warm!
                  May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
                  Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
                  And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
                  may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Same to all.

                    I will be in Arkansas.
                    "There are four lights!"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Not travelling this year and thank God for that! Be safe everyone.
                      "Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."

                      -John Locke

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X