Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Human Barbie 'stops eating and drinking' in dangerous bid to live off light and air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human Barbie 'stops eating and drinking' in dangerous bid to live off light and air

Human Barbie 'stops eating and drinking' in dangerous bid to live off light and air

HUMAN Barbie doll Valeria Lukyanova is preparing to survive on just light and air after revealing she has stopped eating and drinking.

By Tom Rawle/Published 28th February 2014

The 23-year-old Ukrainian model appears to have become thinner and thinner since reaching online stardom in 2012.

And it has led many to believe that she could be starving herself.

Her transformation to look like a life-size toy doll has shocked many across the web but now she is going that extra mile to achieve her peculiar dream.

Lukyanova is said to be turning to Breatharianism – a cult that says humans can live solely off light and air.

“In recent weeks I have not been hungry at all; I'm hoping it's the final stage before I can subsist on air and light alone.”

A target for Breatharians is to become inediate – totally independent from food and water.

And the cult believes followers can live off something called prana, which to Hindus means all of the vital energy of the universe.

Practitioners reject the idea people die from starvation attempting this feat.

Lukyanova has confessed in the past that she wants to be "the most perfect woman on the internet".

By becoming bone-skinny, wearing thick make-up and sporting huge contact lenses, she believes she can do this.

Despite saying she has never had surgery, many online disagree.

The highly controversial model has declared before that she does not believe she is from this planet.

She has also said she can speak with aliens and has had out-of-body experiences, which could be delusion brought on by malnutrition.

Other reports say she has tried to become brainless and ditzy like a real doll using hypnotherapy.
    I think she has a career and a crazy gene. Boulder is like the epicenter for Breatharians. They are either knowing frauds or sadly deluded eventual ER patients. Mostly the latter.

That pic photoshopped. No way her waist is that thin and her fake boobs that high. If she's really that thin, her boobs would be dropping and her ribs would be showing.

Not that I have fake boobs or ribs, for that matter.

Daily Star
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Originally posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I think she has a career and a crazy gene. Boulder is like the epicenter for Breatharians. They are either knowing frauds or sadly deluded eventual ER patients. Mostly the latter.
    Perhaps the invading Russians will give her a sammich. Or some borscht. Or something.

That pic photoshopped. No way her waist is that thin and her fake boobs that high. If she's really that thin, her boobs would be dropping and her ribs would be showing.

Not that I have fake boobs or ribs, for that matter.
    I dunno. They can't all be photoshopped.

One way or the other, though, I'm guessing this woman doesn't see 40, maybe not even 35.
    It's been ten years since that lonely day I left you
    In the morning rain, smoking gun in hand
    Ten lonely years but how my heart, it still remembers
    Pray for me, momma, I'm a gypsy now

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
      Perhaps the invading Russians will give her a sammich. Or some borscht. Or something.

One way or the other, though, I'm guessing this woman doesn't see 40, maybe not even 35.
      I think the whole Doll subculture is whacked. I have no idea what these people will look like in 20 years (or if they will live that long) but it's seriously crazy-pants.
      "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Comment

I think the whole Doll subculture is whacked. I have no idea what these people will look like in 20 years (or if they will live that long) but it's seriously crazy-pants.
        Oh, no doubt about it: it's the express train to downtown Crazytown.

Comment

I never wanted to be a Ken doll or a GI Joe - like Sears models, they have no genitals.
          The year's at the spring
          And day's at the morn;
          Morning's at seven;
          The hill-side's dew-pearled;
          The lark's on the wing;
          The snail's on the thorn:
          God's in his heaven—
          All's right with the world!

Comment

*She* won't look like anything unless she's stopped. She'll die.

Comment

I'm pretty certain air and light has more calories than we think. That's all I had on my last diet and I still gained weight.
              Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
              Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

Originally posted by phillygirl View Post
                I'm pretty certain air and light has more calories than we think. That's all I had on my last diet and I still gained weight.
                Ate the cigarettes instead of smoking them?
                If it pays, it stays

Comment

I've seen CGI that looks more lifelike.
                  Colonel Vogel : What does the diary tell you that it doesn't tell us?

Professor Henry Jones : It tells me, that goose-stepping morons like yourself should try *reading* books instead of *burning* them!

Comment

She wants to leave Ukraine:

Recently, Lukyanova traveled to the U.S. and met the “Human Ken,” Justin Jedlica. She said she would move to America if Hollywood came knocking, but so far no showbiz offers have come her way. Either way, she said she won’t be in the Ukraine much longer, explaining the reaction to her look hasn’t been pleasant.

"The next step is to cut off Ukraine entirely, because all I get here is sh-t. Why waste myself on this?"
                    It's not going to get any more pleasant somewhere else, honey.

Comment

She wants to leave Ukraine:

It's not going to get any more pleasant somewhere else, honey.
                      Having less Russian imperialist invaders around might reduce stress.

I don't know. Have you seen people on movies and on TV lately? They think a woman (and even sometimes a man) who shows their ribs is somehow sexy. Hollywood has gone mad.

I thought she didn't get along with human Ken.

Comment

I believe I know how this story is going to end.

Comment

Working...
                        X