Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feral Cats! #*%@!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Feral Cats! #*%@!

    Our neighbor just showed us where a mother and 4 or 5 little kittens are living on our property. Ugh! I hate this!

    Now we will have to spend every weekend trapping the little monsters.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

  • #2
    Originally posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Our neighbor just showed us where a mother and 4 or 5 little kittens are living on our property. Ugh! I hate this!

    Now we will have to spend every weekend trapping the little monsters.
    We need a web sit about feral catz

    or maybe sub forum
    Robert Francis O'Rourke, Democrat, White guy, spent ~78 million to defeat, Ted Cruz, Republican immigrant Dark guy …
    and lost …
    But the Republicans are racist.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Gingersnap View Post
      Our neighbor just showed us where a mother and 4 or 5 little kittens are living on our property. Ugh! I hate this!

      Now we will have to spend every weekend trapping the little monsters.
      Please tell me you're not one of those spay/neuter and release nuts. Feral cats are a health hazard and a public nuisance.
      "Since the historic ruling, the Lovings have become icons for equality. Mildred released a statement on the 40th anniversary of the ruling in 2007: 'I am proud that Richard’s and my name is on a court case that can help reinforce the love, the commitment, the fairness, and the family that so many people, Black or white, young or old, gay or straight, seek in life. I support the freedom to marry for all. That’s what Loving, and loving, are all about.'." - Mildred Loving (Loving v. Virginia)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
        Please tell me you're not one of those spay/neuter and release nuts. Feral cats are a health hazard and a public nuisance.
        Not this cowgirl. I own one cat and she stays inside. I have zero interest in allowing feral cats to retire on my property.

        Luckily, the county is pretty understanding. If we catch them ourselves, the county animal shelter will take them. What happens after that is not my primary interest. I guess if the kittens are under 6 weeks, they can be adopted (I think these kittens are 5 weeks or so). Mom is probably a lost cause.
        "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Gingersnap View Post
          Not this cowgirl. I own one cat and she stays inside. I have zero interest in allowing feral cats to retire on my property.

          Luckily, the county is pretty understanding. If we catch them ourselves, the county animal shelter will take them. What happens after that is not my primary interest. I guess if the kittens are under 6 weeks, they can be adopted (I think these kittens are 5 weeks or so). Mom is probably a lost cause.
          If the county won't come get'em I have one word for you: anti-freeze.
          "Since the historic ruling, the Lovings have become icons for equality. Mildred released a statement on the 40th anniversary of the ruling in 2007: 'I am proud that Richard’s and my name is on a court case that can help reinforce the love, the commitment, the fairness, and the family that so many people, Black or white, young or old, gay or straight, seek in life. I support the freedom to marry for all. That’s what Loving, and loving, are all about.'." - Mildred Loving (Loving v. Virginia)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
            If the county won't come get'em I have one word for you: anti-freeze.
            There's way too much wildlife around here for that. We've had to trap feral cats before but it isn't a fun job. I'm not much of a cat person to begin with and this kind of effort doesn't endear them to me.
            "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Gingersnap View Post
              There's way too much wildlife around here for that. We've had to trap feral cats before but it isn't a fun job. I'm not much of a cat person to begin with and this kind of effort doesn't endear them to me.
              Don't you have coyotes? Seems like that would help.

              I dislike cats in general. Feral cats are a plague. My neighbors back in Florida used to not only trap, spay/neuter and release, they FED the damned things. Which not only sustained the feral cat population, it drew other vermin like opossums, fruit rats and cockroaches.

              I hear you about not endangering the wildlife though. Good luck trapping. I hope your animal control agency isn't run by no-kill dumbasses.
              "Since the historic ruling, the Lovings have become icons for equality. Mildred released a statement on the 40th anniversary of the ruling in 2007: 'I am proud that Richard’s and my name is on a court case that can help reinforce the love, the commitment, the fairness, and the family that so many people, Black or white, young or old, gay or straight, seek in life. I support the freedom to marry for all. That’s what Loving, and loving, are all about.'." - Mildred Loving (Loving v. Virginia)

              Comment


              • #8
                We have a lot of coyotes. Sadly, the feral cat is not as dumb as the pet version.
                "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Gingersnap View Post
                  We have a lot of coyotes. Sadly, the feral cat is not as dumb as the pet version.
                  Silent, accurate, deadly!!
                  If it pays, it stays

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
                    Don't you have coyotes? Seems like that would help.

                    I dislike cats in general. Feral cats are a plague. My neighbors back in Florida used to not only trap, spay/neuter and release, they FED the damned things. Which not only sustained the feral cat population, it drew other vermin like opossums, fruit rats and cockroaches.

                    I hear you about not endangering the wildlife though. Good luck trapping. I hope your animal control agency isn't run by no-kill dumbasses.
                    My neighbor did that, but without the spay/neuter part. She fed the feral cats at the empty house next to her so we always had a bunch of cats running around. The good news was that when she moved the cats left too because nobody was feeding them.

                    When I was growing up we had some neighborhood cats we fed but these were all domesticated and they officially belonged to someone nearby. They just made their rounds being temporary pets.
                    "Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."
                    -John Locke

                    "It's all been melded together into one giant, authoritarian, leftist scream."
                    -Newman

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Okay so you're wanting recipes?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Whoever View Post
                        Okay so you're wanting recipes?
                        You cook Korean?
                        If it pays, it stays

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Frostbit View Post
                          You cook Korean?
                          Only if they'er young and tender.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Frostbit View Post
                            I'm pretty sure the New Age neighbors who alerted me to this issue would have problem with me setting up in the front yard for a kill shot.

                            Update:

                            The mother cat seems to be a pet. I did the loathsome "kitty, kitty, kitty" thing and she stopped running and sat down to look at me. We have been baiting them the past couple of days by feeding tuna next to a trap and they are eating it (we see them do this so it's not foxes).

                            Mr. Snaps has established that the entire family is silky and fat, so it's unlikely this is a real feral Mom. He has also expressed a horrifying admiration for one calico kitten. No good can come of this. He has mentioned this kitten's cuteness several times without prompting.

                            Pray for me.
                            "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Gingersnap View Post
                              Pray for me.
                              I have it on good authority that the snake was actually framed by cats in the Garden of Eden.
                              If it pays, it stays

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X