Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dinesh D’Souza’s 2000 Mules Is a Hilarious Mockumentary

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dinesh D’Souza’s 2000 Mules Is a Hilarious Mockumentary

    Dinesh D’Souza’s 2000 Mules Is a Hilarious Mockumentary

    A tour de force exploring the limits of how many suckers there are willing to pay for fantasy.

    Dinesh D’Souza’s 2000 Mules is Plandemic for election truthers. For the non-insane, it’s a hilarious mockumentary. Not that D’Souza cares what the non-insane think: He has discovered that there are enough suckers out there to keep him laughing all the way to the bank.

    Released by the Salem Media Group, 2000 Mules aspires to be a work of serious investigative reporting which will rock the foundations of American democracy. In reality, 2000 Mules is an investigative documentary in roughly the same way Reno 911 was a hard-hitting look at real-life police work. Though that doesn’t mean that D’Souza’s cash-grab won’t further pollute the political system. For instance, Kari Lake, who can’t wait to get elected governor of Arizona so she can jail her political opponents, is championing the film—which ends with a plea for law enforcement to take up D’Souza’s cause.

    Here’s the elevator pitch for 2000 Mules: D’Souza’s buddies at True the Vote spent $2 million on cellphone geotracking data—which he describes as “digital DNA”—that they say proves “mules” were paid to illegally “traffick” thousands of ballots from non-profit “stash houses” into drop-off ballot boxes.

    All D’Souza really has—if the cellphone data is real and is really what he represents it as being—is some evidence that some people made frequent trips in areas around ballot drop-off boxes which, by design, were usually placed in heavily-traveled areas for convenience. Putting that aside, who are these mules? Who paid them? Where is the evidence of people making repeated trips to illegally stuff drop-boxes with ballots? What non-profits were involved? These questions are not even asked, let alone answered, in the movie. The theory of the case relies almost entirely on digital maps with dots and squiggles, supposedly demonstrating the questionable movement of the “mules.” Boom-Diggity. All that’s left is for the FBI to take it from here. Or something.

    2000 Mules doesn’t survive the most basic fact-checks to support its most important claims. See them here, here, here, and here. But, let’s stipulate that the film’s purpose isn’t really to present facts. Because if it were true that D’Souza had rock-solid evidence of widespread voter fraud in his possession, would a true patriot like him be selling that evidence for $29.99 per download? Bwahahaha. (In defense of D’Souza, that $29.99 was only the premium VOD price. This week he dropped it to $19.99 to buy or just $14.99 to rent. Or you can get the movie free by purchasing an annual subscription to his Rumble channel!)

    It’s better to view the film as a performance piece, a comedic triumph where the joke is on the rubes gullible enough to give D’Souza their money.

    A tour de force exploring the limits of how many suckers there are willing to pay for fantasy.
    "There are four lights!"

  • #2
    He claims to have the names of the mules, and is asking the government to check them out.

    Seems "real" enough to me.

    Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

    "Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

    Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

    Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

    Comment


    • #3
      Meh. Still prefer Star Trek.
      "There are four lights!"

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Billy Jingo View Post
        Meh. Still prefer Star Trek.
        Of course you do. Unless it was the GOP that was suspected of tainting an election.

        Mark
        Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

        "Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

        Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

        Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

        Comment


        • #5
          Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

          "Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

          Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

          Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 80zephyr View Post
            He claims to have the names of the mules, and is asking the government to check them out.

            Seems "real" enough to me.

            Mark
            Where has he ever claimed to have the names? He says he has cell phone IDs, which is completely different.
            "Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."

            -John Locke

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by scott View Post

              Where has he ever claimed to have the names? He says he has cell phone IDs, which is completely different.
              Especially if they are burners.
              If it pays, it stays

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Billy Jingo View Post
                Dinesh D’Souza’s 2000 Mules Is a Hilarious Mockumentary

                A tour de force exploring the limits of how many suckers there are willing to pay for fantasy.

                Dinesh D’Souza’s 2000 Mules is Plandemic for election truthers. For the non-insane, it’s a hilarious mockumentary. Not that D’Souza cares what the non-insane think: He has discovered that there are enough suckers out there to keep him laughing all the way to the bank.

                Released by the Salem Media Group, 2000 Mules aspires to be a work of serious investigative reporting which will rock the foundations of American democracy. In reality, 2000 Mules is an investigative documentary in roughly the same way Reno 911 was a hard-hitting look at real-life police work. Though that doesn’t mean that D’Souza’s cash-grab won’t further pollute the political system. For instance, Kari Lake, who can’t wait to get elected governor of Arizona so she can jail her political opponents, is championing the film—which ends with a plea for law enforcement to take up D’Souza’s cause.

                Here’s the elevator pitch for 2000 Mules: D’Souza’s buddies at True the Vote spent $2 million on cellphone geotracking data—which he describes as “digital DNA”—that they say proves “mules” were paid to illegally “traffick” thousands of ballots from non-profit “stash houses” into drop-off ballot boxes.

                All D’Souza really has—if the cellphone data is real and is really what he represents it as being—is some evidence that some people made frequent trips in areas around ballot drop-off boxes which, by design, were usually placed in heavily-traveled areas for convenience. Putting that aside, who are these mules? Who paid them? Where is the evidence of people making repeated trips to illegally stuff drop-boxes with ballots? What non-profits were involved? These questions are not even asked, let alone answered, in the movie. The theory of the case relies almost entirely on digital maps with dots and squiggles, supposedly demonstrating the questionable movement of the “mules.” Boom-Diggity. All that’s left is for the FBI to take it from here. Or something.

                2000 Mules doesn’t survive the most basic fact-checks to support its most important claims. See them here, here, here, and here. But, let’s stipulate that the film’s purpose isn’t really to present facts. Because if it were true that D’Souza had rock-solid evidence of widespread voter fraud in his possession, would a true patriot like him be selling that evidence for $29.99 per download? Bwahahaha. (In defense of D’Souza, that $29.99 was only the premium VOD price. This week he dropped it to $19.99 to buy or just $14.99 to rent. Or you can get the movie free by purchasing an annual subscription to his Rumble channel!)

                It’s better to view the film as a performance piece, a comedic triumph where the joke is on the rubes gullible enough to give D’Souza their money.
                It doesn't seem like the author watched it so she is at best incompetent. If she did watch it she'd know that the cell phone data is much more than just casual associations she's being told to describe. She'd also acknowledge that ballot harvesting is illegal in Georgia and the movie has video evidence of just that.

                This part is funny:

                But, let’s stipulate that the film’s purpose isn’t really to present facts. Because if it were true that D’Souza had rock-solid evidence of widespread voter fraud in his possession, would a true patriot like him be selling that evidence for $29.99 per download? Bwahahaha. (In defense of D’Souza, that $29.99 was only the premium VOD price. This week he dropped it to $19.99 to buy or just $14.99 to rent. Or you can get the movie free by purchasing an annual subscription to his Rumble channel!)
                That's basically the same accusation dismissed by the left regarding Fahrenheit 9/11, a massive set a falsehoods. So which is it?

                I watched some of the movie, I'm not convinced by it.
                "Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."

                -John Locke

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by scott View Post

                  Where has he ever claimed to have the names? He says he has cell phone IDs, which is completely different.
                  Umm, I screwed up/

                  Mark
                  Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

                  "Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

                  Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

                  Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X