Should we or shouldn't we?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we or shouldn't we?

Take a dip while we are at Victoria Falls in 2015.....

If it pays, it stays

Of course you should!
    "Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."
    -John Locke

"It's all been melded together into one giant, authoritarian, leftist scream."
    -Newman

Comment

That's terrifying. Obviously, there is some feature to that spot which allows people to do this, but I'll watch from the dry land thank you. When I was 14 my parents took me to Niagara and I waded out in the river above the falls. I had never experienced the power of moving water like that before, being a swamp and ocean boy. I started to slip and was frozen in terror… the water was just above my ankles but was very powerful.

It would be a real shame to have lived through all you two have endured, to have something horrible happen while doing something inadvisable.
      The year's at the spring
      And day's at the morn;
      Morning's at seven;
      The hill-side's dew-pearled;
      The lark's on the wing;
      The snail's on the thorn:
      God's in his heaven—
      All's right with the world!

Comment

I was going to say no until I read nova's post. Now I feel like a fuddy duddy like him, so I say yes!
        Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
        Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

Originally posted by phillygirl View Post
          I was going to say no until I read nova's post. Now I feel like a fuddy duddy like him, so I say yes!

Nicki Minaj from "cross the line" - "Everybody dies but not everyone lives"
          If it pays, it stays

Comment

Originally posted by Frostbit View Post

Nicki Minaj from "cross the line" - "Everybody dies but not everyone lives"
            So do it when you are old.
            The year's at the spring
            And day's at the morn;
            Morning's at seven;
            The hill-side's dew-pearled;
            The lark's on the wing;
            The snail's on the thorn:
            God's in his heaven—
            All's right with the world!

Comment

Originally posted by Novaheart View Post
              So do it when you are old.
              Define old!!
              If it pays, it stays

Comment

I'm with Nova but..some people need and can handle that type of excitement and I think you two fall into that category.
                May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
                Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
                And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
                may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Comment

Isn't there a safer spot? Besides, think of all parasites in the water! Ick!
                  "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Comment

Originally posted by Gingersnap View Post
                    He'll be in Africa. The parasites in that swift moving water are the least of his worries, healthwise.
                    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

He'll be in Africa. The parasites in that swift moving water are the least of his worries, healthwise.
                      I guess so. There's a reason a bunch of humans abandoned Africa. Just sayin'

Comment

I guess so. There's a reason a bunch of humans abandoned Africa. Just sayin'
                        Ayup.
                        Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

The water at Victoria Falls is almost certainly no "dirtier" in terms of things like parasites than the mist at the bottom of Niagara Falls, which hundreds of tourists inhale every day.

As for whether Frosty and Joyce should do this: I say "yes," but only if you can do it with some serious style: have Joyce do a handstand on that point and then a quarter-gainer into the pool or something like that.

May as well become a youtube legend if you're going to go that far.
                          It's been ten years since that lonely day I left you
                          In the morning rain, smoking gun in hand
                          Ten lonely years but how my heart, it still remembers
                          Pray for me, momma, I'm a gypsy now

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                            The water at Victoria Falls is almost certainly no "dirtier" in terms of things like parasites than the mist at the bottom of Niagara Falls, which hundreds of tourists inhale every day.

As for whether Frosty and Joyce should do this: I say "yes," but only if you can do it with some serious style: have Joyce do a handstand on that point and then a quarter-gainer into the pool or something like that.

May as well become a youtube legend if you're going to go that far.
                            I think Frosty should do the gaynor. Joyce is too pretty.
                            Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

I think Frosty should do the gaynor. Joyce is too pretty.
                              Jeez, can't people just take a few pix?

Comment

Working...
                              X