X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money printing and inflation

M2 = amount of money printed

CPI = inflation

C-19 was used as the excuse to print an enormous amount of money in a short time. Is that "Putin's Price Hike"?

Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 9.57.44 AM.png
    If it pays, it stays

Is there a link on that? Because I'd like to look at the figures and dates.

I was saying well before bat meat cooties arrived on our shores that Trump needed to get spending under control. Now, it's at least somewhat understandable to spend more when we were "flattening the curve," but obviously that went on far longer than it should have.

Trump was already running the printing presses at balls-to-the-walls speed*; Biden added a turbocharger, a blower, and nitrous. Both were bad, but I believe that Trump kicked a touch-back, and then, in Gump-esque fashion, Biden ran for the endzone, through the locker room, out the tunnel, through the parking lot, and across several counties, and shows little sign of slowing down.

*Handy note: the phrase "balls to the walls" does not mean what many people's minds race to (no pun intended). In later-iteration steam engines, heavy brass balls were attached to (usually) the final rotator (such as the drive arms on steam locomotives) via a swing-arm, and then surrounded by a steel cylinder, or "wall." This served as a speed governor so that a steam engine couldn't over-rev and tear up bearings and the like, as well as keeping steam at a relatively constant pressure, so as to not have a boiler explosion. So, if you were on, say, a paddleboat running "balls to the walls," it meant that you were running as fast as your steam engine could possibly allow. That phrase has since come to mean "maximum effort," essentially, with the advent of the internal combustion engine and things like rev limiters. But it actually does not have the sexual overtones that many believe that it does.
    Bask in the warmth of the Deep South
    No one will be denied:
    Big law suits and bathroom toots;
    We're all getting Dixie-fried.
    But somewhere Hank and Lefty
    Are rollin' in their graves
    While kudzu vines grow over signs that read "Jesus Saves."

Comment

Working...
    X