And this is today's "you couldn't make this up:"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And this is today's "you couldn't make this up:"

BUFFALO, N.Y., Feb. 6 (UPI) -- An after-school program teacher was charged with bringing a loaded handgun into a Buffalo, N.Y., school Thursday, authorities said.

While Dwayne Ferguson of Buffalo was charged with two counts of criminal possession of a weapon, authorities said they didn't believe he had any ill intent, WIVB-TV, Buffalo, reported.

The 4:15 p.m. EST incident prompted a lockdown that drew a heavy police response to Harvey Austin Elementary School, a public school serving students from kindergarten to eighth grade on Buffalo's East Side, the Tonawanda News reported. There were about 60 children in the building at the time, WIVB-TV said.
    So, who is Dwayne Ferguson?

Well, it turns out that he's the chief advocate of New York's (relatively) new SAFE law, which makes carrying a gun on school property a felony. His argument was that guns should just be gotten rid of, but most especially should not be allowed in schools. He rejected the argument that perhaps maybe it might be a good idea to have someone who is trained in how to safely operate a handgun around schools in case someone ignores the "no guns allowed" sign and starts shooting up the place.

And this very same guy, the one who thinks guns are bad, has a permit to carry a weapon, but he refused to disclose this voluntarily to the police, knowing they were looking for someone with a gun in the school.

Meanwhile, the SWAT team conducted a more thorough secondary search of the school. It was during the secondary search that police found Ferguson with a gun.

Police believe the 52-year-old may have been the person that prompted the 911 call. Police say they do not believe he had any ill intent and Ferguson has a valid permit for the weapon.

Oh, and remember how citizens having guns in school is bad, because they don't know what they're doing? Well, that suddenly doesn't apply to Dwayne Ferguson:

Some of Ferguson’s supporters echoed similar criticism, saying that carrying a weapon meant Ferguson could have helped police in the event there was a gunman actually threatening students.

“Dwayne probably was in a position to help the police not knowing that he was the one they were looking for,”
    said George Johnson, president of Buffalo United Front,

Ferguson often carries a gun during the course of his business day, Giles and Johnson said.
    WOW! Seriously? You seriously just said that? OK.

The absolutely staggering hypocrisy just knows no bounds!
    It's been ten years since that lonely day I left you
    In the morning rain, smoking gun in hand
    Ten lonely years but how my heart, it still remembers
    Pray for me, momma, I'm a gypsy now

I saw this. He's poster boy for do-gooder tyranny: Doing X would be hurtful so you can't do it but that doesn't apply to me.

"Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Comment

Working...
    X