Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun-grabbers expose their astounding ignorance

The latest in gun-grabber propaganda:

This one is making its way around twitter, apparently at the behest of the Moms Demand Action crowd, and has even been plastered out there by some fairly prominent gun-grabber politicians.

I was willing to grant some "artistic license" on a couple of things, such as the fact that the trigger isn't actually pulled. I was also kind of willing to grant that maybe the bullet was supposed to be representative of speed, streaking away from the muzzle, rather than being a whole cartridge, which is what it appears to be at first glance. I zoomed in on the picture and couldn't get a definite answer to satisfy myself, but I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt on that.

Then I saw this:

And that removed all doubt. These people have not the slightest clue what they're talking about. They literally do not know what happens when a gun is fired.
    It's been ten years since that lonely day I left you
    In the morning rain, smoking gun in hand
    Ten lonely years but how my heart, it still remembers
    Pray for me, momma, I'm a gypsy now

Originally posted by Adam View Post
    They literally do not know what happens when a gun is fired.
    A child dies!!
    If it pays, it stays

Comment

As it turns out, that second image (with the full cartridge flying out the barrel) was produced by a pro-gun group in order to discredit an anti-gun group.

While the image at first appeared to be created by Everytown for Gun Safety, an anti-gun campaign paid for by former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, and includes the web address of the group’s official website and logo, the Facebook page it was posted on is not the one the group’s website currently links to.

A spokesperson for the gun control group Demand Action told TheBlaze the Facebook page and image belongs to “cybersquatters,” not Bloomberg’s group.

The Facebook page that uploaded the photo joined the social network on April 17. The group recently said it was working to secure a new Facebook group page after a pro-gun group swooped in and used the group’s name to promote the Second Amendment.

The groups behind the pro-gun “Everytown” Facebook page — Gun Rights Across America and 1 Million Moms Against Gun Control — have since reportedly taken down the page following an apparent legal threat, the Examiner reports.
      Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm dePlume View Post
        As it turns out, that second image (with the full cartridge flying out the barrel) was produced by a pro-gun group in order to discredit an anti-gun group.
        Interesting.

A bunch of that stuff has now been deleted, but I'll take this at face value that it was, for lack of a better term, "guerrilla activism" against Everytown, and further, I will condemn that action. Using outright lies like that should not be the hallmark of those opposing the anti-gun movement, and I want nothing to do with them.
        It's been ten years since that lonely day I left you
        In the morning rain, smoking gun in hand
        Ten lonely years but how my heart, it still remembers
        Pray for me, momma, I'm a gypsy now

Comment

I have no doubt that there are hard-core, irrational anti-gun people who will never listen to a differnt viewpoint. However, my experience on this issue since returning to the SF Bay Area has been surprisingly similar to my experience on a very different issue after moving to Florida some years ago.

When I moved to Florida, all m SF friends predicted I would have to pack away my gay t-shirts and rainbow flag. Instead, I found that when people got to sit down and talk about ordinary things that parents on the playground talk about, by the time the discussion came around to family composition, they were pretty accepting, even if I was the first "out" gay person they had known.

When I moved back to Northern CA, my Florida friends said I would need to keep quiet about my views on concealed carry. Well, surprise! Most of my old friends and new just really know very little about guns and when they're better informed, are willing to consider that they might be wrong, or at the least, that a reasonable person might want to carry without endorsing "gun violence." One of my young colleagues has decided to go to the range with HRH and me.

Epithets like "gun-grabbers" and "gun nuts" tend to make that sort of dialogue pretty much impossible.
          "Since the historic ruling, the Lovings have become icons for equality. Mildred released a statement on the 40th anniversary of the ruling in 2007: 'I am proud that Richard’s and my name is on a court case that can help reinforce the love, the commitment, the fairness, and the family that so many people, Black or white, young or old, gay or straight, seek in life. I support the freedom to marry for all. That’s what Loving, and loving, are all about.'." - Mildred Loving (Loving v. Virginia)

Comment

I've seen a lot of this advertising/activism/whatever. It's like all the fear-mongering stuff: meh.

You will die if you sit down.
            You will die if you smoke.
            You will die if you own a car.
            You will die if you eat meat/carbs.
            You will die if your kid doesn't get into an Ivy League college.
            You will die if you don't wear a helmet.

Whatever.

Most people who own guns don't commit crimes or use one in a suicide or watch their toddler kill a play date kid.

Some criminals kill people with guns, some determined suicides use a gun, and a really tiny number of small children wound or kill themselves or a friend.
            "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Comment

Originally posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
              I have no doubt that there are hard-core, irrational anti-gun people who will never listen to a differnt viewpoint. However, my experience on this issue since returning to the SF Bay Area has been surprisingly similar to my experience on a very different issue after moving to Florida some years ago.

When I moved to Florida, all m SF friends predicted I would have to pack away my gay t-shirts and rainbow flag. Instead, I found that when people got to sit down and talk about ordinary things that parents on the playground talk about, by the time the discussion came around to family composition, they were pretty accepting, even if I was the first "out" gay person they had known.

When I moved back to Northern CA, my Florida friends said I would need to keep quiet about my views on concealed carry. Well, surprise! Most of my old friends and new just really know very little about guns and when they're better informed, are willing to consider that they might be wrong, or at the least, that a reasonable person might want to carry without endorsing "gun violence." One of my young colleagues has decided to go to the range with HRH and me.

Epithets like "gun-grabbers" and "gun nuts" tend to make that sort of dialogue pretty much impossible.
              True.

I'm always amazed at how very little the most vociferous advocates of "firearm safety" actually know about firearms. Ignorance does breed irrational fear.
              "Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."
              -John Locke

"It's all been melded together into one giant, authoritarian, leftist scream."
              -Newman

Comment

Originally posted by Frostbit View Post
                A child dies!!
                Teacher says that whenever a bell rings a child dies.
                The year's at the spring
                And day's at the morn;
                Morning's at seven;
                The hill-side's dew-pearled;
                The lark's on the wing;
                The snail's on the thorn:
                God's in his heaven—
                All's right with the world!

Comment

Nut grabbers!
                  The year's at the spring
                  And day's at the morn;
                  Morning's at seven;
                  The lark's on the wing;
                  God's in his heaven—

Comment

Originally posted by Novaheart View Post
                    Nut grabbers!
                    Gutter mind.
                    "Since the historic ruling, the Lovings have become icons for equality. Mildred released a statement on the 40th anniversary of the ruling in 2007: 'I am proud that Richard’s and my name is on a court case that can help reinforce the love, the commitment, the fairness, and the family that so many people, Black or white, young or old, gay or straight, seek in life. I support the freedom to marry for all. That’s what Loving, and loving, are all about.'." - Mildred Loving (Loving v. Virginia)

Comment

Gutter mind.
                      Turkey, ain't' you know that a mind is a terrible thing to baste?
                      The year's at the spring
                      And day's at the morn;
                      Morning's at seven;
                      The lark's on the wing;
                      God's in his heaven—

Comment

Get thee to a gunnery, go.
                        Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gingersnap View Post
                          I've seen a lot of this advertising/activism/whatever. It's like all the fear-mongering stuff: meh.

You will die if you sit down.
                          You will die if you smoke.
                          You will die if you own a car.
                          You will die if you eat meat/carbs.
                          You will die if your kid doesn't get into an Ivy League college.
                          You will die if you don't wear a helmet.

Whatever.

Most people who own guns don't commit crimes or use one in a suicide or watch their toddler kill a play date kid.

Some criminals kill people with guns, some determined suicides use a gun, and a really tiny number of small children wound or kill themselves or a friend.
                          Life is a terminal illness.

Comment

Working...
                          X