• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A way to get thru life

Do Not Marry and Live off the Governmet
    email from a friend | 6/19/2022 | Varmint Al
    Posted on 6/19/2022, 8:02:31 PM by Varmint Al

Thenew American way of life...

For a guy and his girlfriend with two kids, all you have to do is follow these proven steps:

1. Don't marry her!

2. Always use your mom's address to get your mail.

3. The guy buys a house.

4. The guy rents out the house to his girlfriend with his two kids.

5. Section 8 will pay $900 a month for a 3 bedroom home.

6. Girlfriend signs up for Obamacare, so the guy doesn't have to pay for family insurance.

7. Girlfriend gets to go to college for free for being a single mother.

8. Girlfriend gets $600 a month for food stamps.

9. Girlfriend gets a free cell phone.

10. Girlfriend gets free utilities.

11. The guy moves into the home but continues to use mom's address for his mail.

12. Girlfriend claims one kid and guy claims the other kid on their tax forms. Now both get to claim head of household at $1800 credit.

13. Girlfriend gets $1800 a month disability for having a "bad back" and never has to work again.

This plan is perfectly legal and is being executed now by millions of people!

A married couple with a stay-at-home mom yields $0 dollars.

An unmarried couple with a stay-at-home mom nets $21,600 disability + $10,800 free housing + $6,000 free Obamacare + $6,000 free food+ $4,800 free utilities + $6,000 Pell grant money to spend + $12,000 a year in college tuition free from Pell grant + $8,800 tax benefit for being a single mother = $75,000 a year in benefits!

Any idea why our country is over $20 trillion in debt and half the population is sitting around letting the other half pay their way?

Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

It may be doable - at least, until somebody gets pissed and reports them - but at least 2 of these recommendations are not "perfectly legal," and are, in fact, patently illegal. If your anonymous source on some right-wing bulletin board knows this couple, I suggest he report them to the local social services agency and the IRS. Can't guarantee they'll have the staff to do anything about it, but it will either make Al feel better or give him something new to bitch about.
    "Think as I think," said a man,
    "Or you are abominably wicked;
    You are a toad."
    And after I had thought of it,
    I said: "I will, then, be a toad." - Stephen Crane

Comment

Originally posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
      It may be doable - at least, until somebody gets pissed and reports them - but at least 2 of these recommendations are not "perfectly legal," and are, in fact, patently illegal. If your anonymous source on some right-wing bulletin board knows this couple, I suggest he report them to the local social services agency and the IRS. Can't guarantee they'll have the staff to do anything about it, but it will either make Al feel better or give him something new to bitch about.
      In all honesty, I've seen this numerous times. It is unfair, and at times, illegal. In support court, if it is determined that this is happening (i.e., no. 11 in particular), they will be reported by the court for welfare fraud.

A few years ago I represented a father (ex husband) in support court. In Pennsylvania it is the obligor's (paying party's) initial responsibility to provide health insurance for the children. If he is unable to reasonably afford this through his employment, then the obligee is tasked with obtaining it, either through employment or through PA's then version of CHIP (Pa. state insurance for children). My guy had a good job (union, I think) that provided benefits. The cost for the children would be divided by the parties by providing him with a credit against his child support order for Mother's assumed contribution to same. Mom argued that she should be permitted to put the children on CHIP instead as it was no cost to her (his income doesn't come in to play for the sliding scale cost for insurance); additionally the state insurance apparently covers orthodontia to a greater extent than private insurance generally does. As a taxpayer I was appalled. Luckily, the hearing officer felt as I did and agreed that the law doesn't allow mom to choose state insurance when there is sufficient income on at least one side of the equation to provide it. As I recall, my guy made in the low 100's. There was absolutely no good cause for putting the expense of the insurance on the taxpayers when the parent was ready, willing and able to provide it.
      Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
      Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

Originally posted by phillygirl View Post

In all honesty, I've seen this numerous times. It is unfair, and at times, illegal. In support court, if it is determined that this is happening (i.e., no. 11 in particular), they will be reported by the court for welfare fraud.

A few years ago I represented a father (ex husband) in support court. In Pennsylvania it is the obligor's (paying party's) initial responsibility to provide health insurance for the children. If he is unable to reasonably afford this through his employment, then the obligee is tasked with obtaining it, either through employment or through PA's then version of CHIP (Pa. state insurance for children). My guy had a good job (union, I think) that provided benefits. The cost for the children would be divided by the parties by providing him with a credit against his child support order for Mother's assumed contribution to same. Mom argued that she should be permitted to put the children on CHIP instead as it was no cost to her (his income doesn't come in to play for the sliding scale cost for insurance); additionally the state insurance apparently covers orthodontia to a greater extent than private insurance generally does. As a taxpayer I was appalled. Luckily, the hearing officer felt as I did and agreed that the law doesn't allow mom to choose state insurance when there is sufficient income on at least one side of the equation to provide it. As I recall, my guy made in the low 100's. There was absolutely no good cause for putting the expense of the insurance on the taxpayers when the parent was ready, willing and able to provide it.
        Oh, I agree. And there are always people who will try to game the system. What galls me, since I have extensive experience in welfare administration, insurance administration, and workers' comp law, is when people describe a scam and profess outrage that it's "perfectly legal." The time and money that social service agencies and insurance companies spend investigating the alleged frauds reported to them (sometimes real fraud, frequently just malicious reporting, sometimes misunderstanding of the law) can outweigh the amount actually paid out in fraudulent benefits several-fold.

Can't tell you how many times I had calls about welfare clients who "drive up to the welfare office in a brand-new truck." Well, yeah - the truck he bought for his work before he fell off the roof at work and broke his back, and his workers' comp insurance delayed paying benefits until he had used up his savings to pay for food and shelter. What's he supposed to do, sell his truck at a huge loss and have no truck when he gets better and tries to go back to work?
        You are a toad."

Comment

Oh, I agree. And there are always people who will try to game the system. What galls me, since I have extensive experience in welfare administration, insurance administration, and workers' comp law, is when people describe a scam and profess outrage that it's "perfectly legal." The time and money that social service agencies and insurance companies spend investigating the alleged frauds reported to them (sometimes real fraud, frequently just malicious reporting, sometimes misunderstanding of the law) can outweigh the amount actually paid out in fraudulent benefits several-fold.

Can't tell you how many times I had calls about welfare clients who "drive up to the welfare office in a brand-new truck." Well, yeah - the truck he bought for his work before he fell off the roof at work and broke his back, and his workers' comp insurance delayed paying benefits until he had used up his savings to pay for food and shelter. What's he supposed to do, sell his truck at a huge loss and have no truck when he gets better and tries to go back to work?
          There is fraud. There is misuse. And there is just the general cluster when it comes to it. But there are few that really game the system that results in riches. Most that do are not the poor trash that people like to think of. More of them are the slum lords of the Section 8 housing wards. At least from what I can see.

Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

There is fraud. There is misuse. And there is just the general cluster when it comes to it. But there are few that really game the system that results in riches. Most that do are not the poor trash that people like to think of. More of them are the slum lords of the Section 8 housing wards. At least from what I can see.
            Oh yeah. Landlords game Section 8 way more than recipients do. Just like medical providers, employers, and insurance companies commit way more workers' comp fraud than employees do. And I say that as someone who has worked for both claimants and employers/carriers (currently representing the government).
            You are a toad."

Comment

Oh yeah. Landlords game Section 8 way more than recipients do. Just like medical providers, employers, and insurance companies commit way more workers' comp fraud than employees do. And I say that as someone who has worked for both claimants and employers/carriers (currently representing the government).
              Yeah. I remember a client who was married (for the second time) to an accountant. She really had no earned income and if she couldn't benefit from claiming the kids on the returns, then the ex-husband was permitted to. Her new husband had her amend the tax return so that she claimed the small amount of babysitting money she received for watching the neighbors' kids. Now, it is true that you are supposed to claim all your income, regardless. However, the real reason he had her do so was so she could claim the earned income tax credit and thereby get money "back" from the government that she had never paid in. The hullabaloo this then caused because x, also an accountant, lost thousands in tax credit by not being able to claim the kids was somewhat ridiculous. Those are the legal "scams" I see every day. It's amazing to me that a teacher making 70k can manage to get everything she paid to the government in the form of taxes, plus an extra 5k, all while collecting $84k in non-taxable support. The system is indeed unfair.
              Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

The problem is, is that the system is complex, no one actually can decipher it all. My daughter in law was from a divorced family, and she got aid to go to college. When she moved out on her own, she was getting mail telling her shew could get help for everything from insulating her home to getting help paying utilities.

The system is that bad.

BTW Celeste, if only 2 of these 13 things are illegal, what does that tell you? The poster is mostly correct.

Mark
                Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Comment

Originally posted by 80zephyr View Post
                  The problem is, is that the system is complex, no one actually can decipher it all. My daughter in law was from a divorced family, and she got aid to go to college. When she moved out on her own, she was getting mail telling her shew could get help for everything from insulating her home to getting help paying utilities.

The system is that bad.

BTW Celeste, if only 2 of these 13 things are illegal, what does that tell you? The poster is mostly correct.

Mark
                  I was from a divorced family. I got a Pell Grant (worth about $600 per semester back then). I got financial aid in the form of loans (a total of $1,500 for the 4 years) and I got merit scholarship (approximately $4,000 per year). That enabled me to graduate with $1,500 in student loan debt and having paid approximately $5,000 out of pocket towards tuition and room and board for the entire 4 years. In real world dollars that means I spent 20% of the ticket price for my college. It was still a struggle during those 4 years as that doesn't count my living expenses, books, etc, which I had to come up with in addition to my apartment rent, utilities, etc. my senior year. Do I think the government and my college made a good investment in me? yes. As for the school, I've more than given back to them in terms of donations that which they gave to me in scholarship.
                  Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

I was from a divorced family. I got a Pell Grant (worth about $600 per semester back then). I got financial aid in the form of loans (a total of $1,500 for the 4 years) and I got merit scholarship (approximately $4,000 per year). That enabled me to graduate with $1,500 in student loan debt and having paid approximately $5,000 out of pocket towards tuition and room and board for the entire 4 years. In real world dollars that means I spent 20% of the ticket price for my college. It was still a struggle during those 4 years as that doesn't count my living expenses, books, etc, which I had to come up with in addition to my apartment rent, utilities, etc. my senior year. Do I think the government and my college made a good investment in me? yes. As for the school, I've more than given back to them in terms of donations that which they gave to me in scholarship.
                    So, an intact family gets penalized by paying their own way? Nope. Shouldn't work that way.

Mark

Comment

So, an intact family gets penalized by paying their own way? Nope. Shouldn't work that way.

Mark
                      I received the Pell Grant because we were poor. My father wasn't supporting me at that point and my mother earned less than $10,000 per year. I'm not sure how else it should be calculated? What do you think should happen? By the way, at least in Pennsylvania, neither parent, intact family or not, has an obligation to support a child over 18 and who has graduated from high school.
                      Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

The system is that bad.

Mark
                        I said, "At least 2...." I would need to do more research on several others, which I'm not going to do. The poster is ill-informed, and therefore all of what he posted is open to question.
                        You are a toad."

Comment

I received the Pell Grant because we were poor. My father wasn't supporting me at that point and my mother earned less than $10,000 per year. I'm not sure how else it should be calculated? What do you think should happen? By the way, at least in Pennsylvania, neither parent, intact family or not, has an obligation to support a child over 18 and who has graduated from high school.
                          What should happen? Good question. Should it include others paying your way? We all know people that are terrible with money. They can blow their money and still go to school as well. When does it stop?

Mark

Comment

What should happen? Good question. Should it include others paying your way? We all know people that are terrible with money. They can blow their money and still go to school as well. When does it stop?

Mark
                            I'm not sure. Should the government pay your medical bills because you're on Medicare? Should it give small business loans to help a business be successful? The government gave me about $2400 (maybe less if it was $600 a year rather than $600 a semester) and then floated me the loan. Have I paid more than $4,000 in taxes to repay that? Yes. Well over that. As I said, a good investment.
                            Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

I'm not sure. Should the government pay your medical bills because you're on Medicare? Should it give small business loans to help a business be successful? The government gave me about $2400 (maybe less if it was $600 a year rather than $600 a semester) and then floated me the loan. Have I paid more than $4,000 in taxes to repay that? Yes. Well over that. As I said, a good investment.
                              Should the government loan someone money to go to school? Since student debt is north of 1.75 TRILLION, you tell me.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X