Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donate to a Non-Profit Conservative Group - Your Odds of Being Audited Go Up Tenfold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donate to a Non-Profit Conservative Group - Your Odds of Being Audited Go Up Tenfold

On The Kelly File: Donate to a Non-Profit Conservative Group and Your Odds of Being Audited Go Up Tenfold
    By Geoffrey Dickens | May 9, 2014 | 17:53

On Thursday’s edition of The Kelly File, host Megyn Kelly invited on attorney Cleta Mitchell, who represents groups targeted by the IRS, to talk about a new House Republican report that found 10 percent of tea party donors were audited by the IRS. So far ABC, CBS and NBC have failed to cover the new report.

After Kelly played a clip of Republican Congressman Charles Boutsany revealing the findings that “after groups provided the information to the IRS, nearly one in ten donors were subject to audit,” she let Mitchell offer a specific example of abuse. [Video after the jump]

CLETA MITCHELL: People have contacted me from all over the country and talking about how they had never been audited before, but they either donated money to a conservative organization or they donated -- in one case, a gentleman is a songwriter and he donated a song. He wrote a song about the Tea Party and it was played at a number of different Tea Party rallies around the country and the IRS not only audited him, but because he didn't charge for the use of the song, they have now said that he doesn't really have a music writing business and are trying to disqualify all of his business deductions. And I have heard story after story after story like this.
    More.

I guess it wouldn't be news if gays contributing to gay non-profits or seniors donating to senior non-profits got audited at that rate, either. That wouldn't be revenge - just business as usual and certainly no reputable news outlet would devote precious journalisitic time to reporting about the special attention.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/geoffre...#ixzz31JzECATj
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

This is getting out of control.

He wrote a song about the Tea Party and it was played at a number of different Tea Party rallies around the country and the IRS not only audited him, but because he didn't charge for the use of the song, they have now said that he doesn't really have a music writing business and are trying to disqualify all of his business deductions.
    I'm glad we recently hired all those new IRS employees so they can keep up with all of these audits.

Comment

Working...
    X