New COVID bivalent vaccine effectiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New COVID bivalent vaccine effectiveness

Judge for yourself. This is of course anecdotal but I remember when vaccines were actually taken to prevent contracting a disease. Dr. Walensky, the teary eyed director of the CDC is COVID positive. That happened 30 days after receiving the Omicron targeted bivalent vaccine.

If it pays, it stays

Originally posted by Frostbit View Post
    Judge for yourself. This is of course anecdotal but I remember when vaccines were actually taken to prevent contracting a disease. Dr. Walensky, the teary eyed director of the CDC is COVID positive. That happened 30 days after receiving the Omicron targeted bivalent vaccine.

My ex-girlfriend (a nurse) is convinced that the first Pfizer dose made her more susceptible to infection because she has asthma and the inflammatory response to the vaccine weakened her immune system.

I wonder if that's true here.

Incidentally, the only reason she wasn't in the hospital is because she refused to go. She knew the ventilators were death sentences. The Regeneron monoclonal antibody cured her.
    "Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."
    -John Locke

"It's all been melded together into one giant, authoritarian, leftist scream."
    -Newman

Comment

Originally posted by scott View Post

My ex-girlfriend (a nurse) is convinced that the first Pfizer dose made her more susceptible to infection because she has asthma and the inflammatory response to the vaccine weakened her immune system.

I wonder if that's true here.

Incidentally, the only reason she wasn't in the hospital is because she refused to go. She knew the ventilators were death sentences. The Regeneron monoclonal antibody cured her.
      Original Antigenic Sin.
      If it pays, it stays

Comment

I don't really see the problem with it. It's like getting the flu shot every year. You know the shot will change when new variants arrive. A shot for the bird flu doesn't necessarily prevent the swine flu. Also, we can't treat shots to prevent lung infections the same as other illnesses because that would involve administering the virus directly to your lungs.

COVID finally hit my house. Nobody regrets having shots. That might have been what helped my Diabetic sister recover faster than the rest of us. I just now tested negative after a week, which is good because the work place wants me onsite a couple of days a week and my co-workers are like "Oh shit!" I had just gotten the Omicron shot a week before all of this. Two weeks before and maybe I would not have gotten it. My mom is taking the longest to recover.

Meanwhile, I have a friend who took her shots and just had to get monclonal antibodies. She's claiming it didn't work, but maybe it did because she's not in the hospital.

On another note, I'm so happy to be free!

Comment

Originally posted by Lanie View Post
          I don't really see the problem with it. It's like getting the flu shot every year. You know the shot will change when new variants arrive. A shot for the bird flu doesn't necessarily prevent the swine flu. Also, we can't treat shots to prevent lung infections the same as other illnesses because that would involve administering the virus directly to your lungs.

COVID finally hit my house. Nobody regrets having shots. That might have been what helped my Diabetic sister recover faster than the rest of us. I just now tested negative after a week, which is good because the work place wants me onsite a couple of days a week and my co-workers are like "Oh shit!" I had just gotten the Omicron shot a week before all of this. Two weeks before and maybe I would not have gotten it. My mom is taking the longest to recover.

Meanwhile, I have a friend who took her shots and just had to get monclonal antibodies. She's claiming it didn't work, but maybe it did because she's not in the hospital.

You’ve always been free. You just chose not to be.
          Nobody regrets having the shots.
          I’m glad but perhaps that’s because none ended up with myocarditis, permanent facial paralysis, sudden adult death, stroke, or are going to spend the rest of their lives in a wheelchair like Joyce’s Sister. All for absolutely no prevention at getting COVID.

Now before you march out the “it keeps you out of the hospital or having a bad outcome” BS I’ll ask you if you know what the present Number one cohort is in the hospital and ICU’s with a COVID diagnosis.

Yup, you guessed it, the vaccinated and boosted . Number 2 is the vaccinated. Number 3 is the unvaccinated.

Again, I’m glad you’re now free.
          Last edited by Frostbit; Sunday, October 23, 2022, 1:39 PM.
          If it pays, it stays

Comment

You’ve always been free. You just chose not to be.

I’m glad but perhaps that’s because none ended up with myocarditis, permanent facial paralysis, sudden adult death, stroke, or are going to spend the rest of their lives in a wheelchair like Joyce’s Sister. All for absolutely no prevention at getting COVID.

Now before you march out the “it keeps you out of the hospital or having a bad outcome” BS I’ll ask you if you know what the present Number one cohort is in the hospital and ICU’s with a COVID diagnosis.

Yup, you guessed it, the vaccinated and boosted . Number 2 is the vaccinated. Number 3 is the unvaccinated.

Again, I’m glad you’re now free.
            I'm guessing that "home" is what comes up when you type "number 1" using the # key. All numbers with the # key in front come out word links.
            "Since the historic ruling, the Lovings have become icons for equality. Mildred released a statement on the 40th anniversary of the ruling in 2007: 'I am proud that Richard’s and my name is on a court case that can help reinforce the love, the commitment, the fairness, and the family that so many people, Black or white, young or old, gay or straight, seek in life. I support the freedom to marry for all. That’s what Loving, and loving, are all about.'." - Mildred Loving (Loving v. Virginia)

Comment

Originally posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post

I'm guessing that "home" is what comes up when you type "number 1" using the # key. All numbers with the # key in front come out word links.
              I figured that out and edited. Thanks
              If it pays, it stays

Comment

Originally posted by Lanie View Post

So, a vaccine that doesn't keep people from catching the virus, or spreading it, is alright with you?

Mark
                Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Comment

You seem to be very concerned about this virus. Do you secretly want to catch it?

Mark
                  Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Comment

Originally posted by 80zephyr View Post

You seem to be very concerned about this virus. Do you secretly want to catch it?

Mark
                    I have freaking zero understanding of your question. I've had a two shot series done very early on in the COVID developments. That included volunteering in a vaccination center. I've never been boosted, I've gotten infected since and I'm personally, as is my household, done with this discussion.

Your point?
                    If it pays, it stays

Comment

I have freaking zero understanding of your question. I've had a two shot series done very early on in the COVID developments. That included volunteering in a vaccination center. I've never been boosted, I've gotten infected since and I'm personally, as is my household, done with this discussion.

Your point?
                      You seem to be obsessed with this subject. Using your "logic" it should mean that your stance is actually the opposite of your posts.

Markn

Comment

You have GOT to be shitting me.

This is very clearly a control mechanism. The new House should just completely defund the entire mess starting on January 3. What a complete and total waste.
                        It's been ten years since that lonely day I left you
                        In the morning rain, smoking gun in hand
                        Ten lonely years but how my heart, it still remembers
                        Pray for me, momma, I'm a gypsy now

Comment

Anecdotal. I received Pfizer 2 shots back when it first was available. I received the Pfizer booster in November, 2021. In end of October, 2022 I tested positive for Covid. It was a bad cold. The exhaustion came the week following my positive test. It lasted a few days, but it was not can't lift my head from the pillow tiredness. It was get me out of court please I can't do this much longer tiredness. Basically, bad cold stuff with some after affects of coughing. More anecdotal...On day 2 of my covidness I ran about 2 miles. On day 5 of my covidness I ran 3 miles. 10 days after my covidness I ran a 10 k in 40 degree weather. Ran a pr for the 10 k (there was a great tailwind on the descent of the bridge). I coughed my brains up after finishing the race. Do I still reap the after affects of the booster? No idea. Am I going to get another booster? Probably not. At this point I don't see the purpose of putting something in my body that may cause me serious short term or long term affects, whereas it appears, to me, that the offending virus itself will cause me effects similar to a bad winter cold. Risk. Reward. Analysis. Right now I'm more afraid of the flu and RSV than covid. I have to wonder why the government is so invested in the shots. I remember when the department chair of some governmental health agency scolded us all to cough and sneeze into our elbows to help avoid the spread of the flu. That was effective advice. Let's remind everyone to wash their hands more often and properly. That's probably a more effective method at this point than anything else they are pushing.
                          Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
                          Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

Originally posted by phillygirl View Post
                            Anecdotal. I received Pfizer 2 shots back when it first was available. I received the Pfizer booster in November, 2021. In end of October, 2022 I tested positive for Covid. It was a bad cold. The exhaustion came the week following my positive test. It lasted a few days, but it was not can't lift my head from the pillow tiredness. It was get me out of court please I can't do this much longer tiredness. Basically, bad cold stuff with some after affects of coughing. More anecdotal...On day 2 of my covidness I ran about 2 miles. On day 5 of my covidness I ran 3 miles. 10 days after my covidness I ran a 10 k in 40 degree weather. Ran a pr for the 10 k (there was a great tailwind on the descent of the bridge). I coughed my brains up after finishing the race. Do I still reap the after affects of the booster? No idea. Am I going to get another booster? Probably not. At this point I don't see the purpose of putting something in my body that may cause me serious short term or long term affects, whereas it appears, to me, that the offending virus itself will cause me effects similar to a bad winter cold. Risk. Reward. Analysis. Right now I'm more afraid of the flu and RSV than covid. I have to wonder why the government is so invested in the shots. I remember when the department chair of some governmental health agency scolded us all to cough and sneeze into our elbows to help avoid the spread of the flu. That was effective advice. Let's remind everyone to wash their hands more often and properly. That's probably a more effective method at this point than anything else they are pushing.
                            Most important point........ average age of those who die with a covid diagnosis......... 81
                            If it pays, it stays

Comment

Most important point........ average age of those who die with a covid diagnosis......... 81
                              My 81 year old uncle just had a heart attack. No history of any heart problems. Keeps himself relatively healthy and active and relies heavily on holistic medicine (we call them his potions, but they have been very effective with many of his issues such as nasal problems, psoriasis, etc....he doesn't eschew western medicine but has found that eastern medicine has helped a lot where western has failed). When he went to the hospital they discovered he had covid. He has received his vaccine and I believe his booster. The heart attack was caused by a blood clot. His doctor has told him they have no way of knowing if the covid or the vaccine may have caused the clot. Thankfully, he is doing well (they gave him a stent within 45 minutes of either the ambulance call or the arrival at the hospital...not sure which). Anecdotal, but there it is.
                              Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
                              Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

Working...
                              X