Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The humorless Left has once again gotten their panties in a bunch ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The humorless Left has once again gotten their panties in a bunch ...

... over this:

The howls of "they never did that to Bush" are quite amusing.

Newsflash, people: the CMAs, like most awards shows, inject some humor with something topical and current. Well, guess what's current: Obamacare!

It really is hilarious to watch the slavish cult defend the lord and savior at all cost, no matter how ridiculous that defense is.
    It's been ten years since that lonely day I left you
    In the morning rain, smoking gun in hand
    Ten lonely years but how my heart, it still remembers
    Pray for me, momma, I'm a gypsy now

Is it satire? I can't watch it.

Why would anyone get upset at political satire? I mean, more than usual anyway.
    "There are four lights!"

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Jingo View Post
      Is it satire? I can't watch it.
      They're joking about Obamacare, or, more specifically, the woes of healthcare.gov.

Originally posted by Billy Jingo View Post
      Why would anyone get upset at political satire? I mean, more than usual anyway.
      Because no one may criticize The One. That's been the rule since November 4 of 2008. Just like we said before then, any and all criticism of Barack Obama will be immediately labeled "racist." And the prediction has been precisely true ever since.
      It's been ten years since that lonely day I left you
      In the morning rain, smoking gun in hand
      Ten lonely years but how my heart, it still remembers
      Pray for me, momma, I'm a gypsy now

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
        They're joking about Obamacare, or, more specifically, the woes of healthcare.gov.
        Okay, I found the text. That was incredibly mild. SNL is much harsher. The Daily Show is as well and has the benefit of actually being funny.

Because no one may criticize The One. That's been the rule since November 4 of 2008. Just like we said before then, any and all criticism of Barack Obama will be immediately labeled "racist." And the prediction has been precisely true ever since.
        You know, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

"There are four lights!"

Comment

Wow, reading the posts on Twitchy, I thought that the skit must have been pretty viscous... umm..not so much. I'd have to say the guttersnipes really overreacted on the whole thing.

Comment

Unlike the majority of celebrity comedy skits, this pair skewers everyone and they've done it on every CMA they've hosted.
            May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
            Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
            And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
            may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Comment

It's cute funny, but not funny funny.
              Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
              Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

That's nice that there's a service to comb Twitter for lefties you can ridicule. That's so much more convenient than mock-raking Democratic Underground.

As to the CMA skit, meh. I can't imagine anybody having any kind of strong reaction to that from either side. It's like somebody claiming an extreme tapioca flavor.
                Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                X