Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know that one guy who successfully signed up for Obamacare? He didn’t.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know that one guy who successfully signed up for Obamacare? He didn’t.

Chad Henderson was all over the news the past two days.

The 21-year-old student from Georgia was cited in multiple articles as being one of the few, the proud, the successful to signed up for insurance through a federal exchange.

On his Facebook page, Henderson bragged about being interviewed by “The Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Chattanooga Times Free Press, The Huffington Post, Enroll America, and Politico,” along with several local TV affiliates.

His story supposedly was proof that for all their glitches and problems – and the ambivalence of young people – the new health insurance exchanges were working after all.

Except it seems like it was all a lie.

Peter Suderman, writing at Reason, claims to have uncovered the truth.
    But in an exclusive phone interview this morning with Reason, Chad's father Bill contradicted virtually every major detail of the story the media can't get enough of. What's more, some of the details that Chad has released are also at odds with published rate schedules and how Obamacare officials say the enrollment system works.

Suderman tracked down Bill Henderson through Chad Henderson’s Facebook page. And via the son’s LinkedIn account, he found this little nugget:
    “He was a volunteer with President Obama’s campaign last year, and his LinkedIn page still lists him as an active volunteer with Organizing for Action, the former campaign organization which now advocates for the president’s legislative agenda.”
    At the end of the Reason article, there is an update:
    Update (2.54pm ET): Washington Post reporter Sarah Kliff writes that she "spoke with Chad over the phone about this situation. He told me that he has indeed not purchased coverage but doesn't believe he was lying. He said he told reporters that he completed an application for coverage and knows what plan he would like to purchase, but has not, as of yet, enrolled in that insurance plan."

Wow! Talk about desperation! I wonder how much he's getting paid by OFA to make this shit up.
    Bask in the warmth of the Deep South
    No one will be denied:
    Big law suits and bathroom toots;
    We're all getting Dixie-fried.
    But somewhere Hank and Lefty
    Are rollin' in their graves
    While kudzu vines grow over signs that read "Jesus Saves."

Padding his resume to get a MSM job, perhaps?
    We are so fucked.

Comment

It's sad that this astroturf is exposed and nobody on the left cares. "Fake but accurate" indeed.
      "Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."

-John Locke

Comment

How was his story "not lying"? Either you successfully enrolled in a plan or not.

If I look at horses online, pick out the type I want to own, and fill out an application to enroll in a basic ridership class, does that mean I'm a horse-owner? If it does, I've been doing this thing all wrong and it's been costing me a bundle all these years.
        "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Comment

Maybe I can research which tax rate I will pay, fill out the return and then say that I filed my taxes.
          "Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."

-John Locke

Comment

Originally posted by scott View Post
            Maybe I can research which tax rate I will pay, fill out the return and then say that I filed my taxes.
            Works for me.
            "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Comment

Working...
            X