Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coup under way? Anchorage Assembly creates pathway to remove the mayor the people elected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post

OMG, you were Honoria! Well, except that she used to burst into tears if anyone cursed. Or swatted a fly.
    Yeah. I was much more afraid of my mother's wrath than the other two. On top of that, when I was a bit older (law school), I worked twelve hour shifts, so getting home at 6:30 to a rager with a bunch of underaged drinkers, with the alcohol being provided by my boyfriend and my brother in law, did not make me happy in the least!
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

This has got to be the epitome of a thread hijack. Just saying!!

Assembly meeting tonight. Allow me to wet your appetite. We recently had an open primary to replace Rep. Don Young's seat after he died. Santa Claus ran in the open primary. He is a man who lives in North Pole (an actual city in Alaska) who legally changed his name. He drew 5% of the vote. Assembly person Chris Constant drew a little over 3%.

IMG_2666.jpg
      If it pays, it stays

Comment

Originally posted by Frostbit View Post
        This has got to be the epitome of a thread hijack. Just saying!!

Assembly meeting tonight. Allow me to wet your appetite. We recently had an open primary to replace Rep. Don Young's seat after he died. Santa Claus ran in the open primary. He is a man who lives in North Pole (an actual city in Alaska) who legally changed his name. He drew 5% of the vote. Assembly person Chris Constant drew a little over 3%.
        I'll save Celeste the trouble: whet.

But that is rather funny. "The chair recognizes Santa Claus and grants him three minutes to speak...."
        Bask in the warmth of the Deep South
        No one will be denied:
        Big law suits and bathroom toots;
        We're all getting Dixie-fried.
        But somewhere Hank and Lefty
        Are rollin' in their graves
        While kudzu vines grow over signs that read "Jesus Saves."

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post

I'll save Celeste the trouble: whet.

But that is rather funny. "The chair recognizes Santa Claus and grants him three minutes to speak...."
          Damn, you ruined my act. I was going to ask him what he planned to wet it with. Hey, it's wacky Wednesday - dangle them prepositions!
          "Think as I think," said a man,
          "Or you are abominably wicked;
          You are a toad."
          And after I had thought of it,
          I said: "I will, then, be a toad." - Stephen Crane

Comment

Originally posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post

Damn, you ruined my act. I was going to ask him what he planned to wet it with. Hey, it's wacky Wednesday - dangle them prepositions!
            The dangling prepositions are always so troublesome. I try my best to avoid them in writing, but it is very difficult when speaking. It always sounds so forced!
            Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
            Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

Originally posted by phillygirl View Post

The dangling prepositions are always so troublesome. I try my best to avoid them in writing, but it is very difficult when speaking. It always sounds so forced!
              Google it. Apparently, despite what our grade-school teachers drummed into us, there's no such rule in English grammar. It's an artifact of when one had to read and write Latin to be considered educated, and English was the vulgate.
              "Think as I think," said a man,
              "Or you are abominably wicked;
              You are a toad."
              And after I had thought of it,
              I said: "I will, then, be a toad." - Stephen Crane

Comment

There are far worse things to have hanging out there than dangling than prepositions.
                We are so fucked.

Comment

Working...
                X