Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocky Start For North Carolina......(Criminals Use The Name of the Only NC Signee)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Start For North Carolina......(Criminals Use The Name of the Only NC Signee)

Rocky Start For North Carolina Health Care Exchanges
    November 8, 2013 6:59 AM

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (CBS Charlotte) - North Carolina’s largest insurer is having its share of problems with the Obamacare website.

Internal emails obtained by WNCN-TV show that Blue Cross Blue Shield show that only 1,000 people had filled out applications as of October 15th.

In fact, only one person was able to successfully use Healthcare.gov to enroll in the new exchange.

But even that single person has not paid, which means the enrollment is not complete.

The emails suggest the “payment re-direct option” on government servers isn’t working.

Blue Cross Blue Shield found the entire system is so filled with glitches that the company decided not to upload data because it was afraid false information might enter its computer system.

And the emails reveal a scammer was using the insurer’s name to try to obtain personal information.

A person was making phone calls claiming to be with the “National Health Care Registry,” and falsely claim it was taking over healthcare reform contracts from the Blue Cross.

BCBS spokesman Lew Borman told WNCN-TV the company is working with the government to solve these problems.

“We’re hopeful that the issues can be resolved quickly so the Exchange will work seamlessly for our customers,” he said.
    Shameful.

CBS Local
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Don't even get me started on all the problems with NC healthcare right now. They won't expand Medicaid, but it's not being made clear who will and will not have to pay that fine. In theory, anybody who qualifies for Medicaid won't have to pay the fine. In reality, we have a big cluster mess going on here right now. Social
    workers can't answer questions because all the rules are not made out yet.

It's a HUGE HUGE mess over here right now.

Comment

It's a huge mess everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Gingersnap View Post
        It's a huge mess everywhere.
        Kentucky seems to have a handle on things.

Also, it was a mess in Texas prior to the ACA so not much has changed so far.
        "There are four lights!"

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Jingo View Post
          Kentucky seems to have a handle on things.

Also, it was a mess in Texas prior to the ACA so not much has changed so far.
          That's helpful. Luckily, like a lot of small businesses, all of our current insurance options will be eliminated next year. We've been looking at our options.

Comment

That's helpful. Luckily, like a lot of small businesses, all of our current insurance options will be eliminated next year. We've been looking at our options.
            Here, the insurance guys (they are the middleman between insurance companies and those companies wanting to purchase insurance for their employees) are scrambling to lock us in for a year. The exchange is probably going to put them out of business.
            "There are four lights!"

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Jingo View Post
              Here, the insurance guys (they are the middleman between insurance companies and those companies wanting to purchase insurance for their employees) are scrambling to lock us in for a year. The exchange is probably going to put them out of business.
              We have a different situation. Many of our employees prefer the HSA thing that we had (and that I was planning on joining next year). The ACA eliminates the HSA plan that we had and there is no equivalent offered in our area (or any area as far as I know). The exchange HSA is very poor compared to what we had. The rates for the regular insurance will be higher for us and for employees and even the HMO rates seem to be jumping beyond the normal increase. Most of our employees won't qualify for subsidies either because they make too much or because they are married (and make too much as a couple).

I'm switching to my husband's plan while I still can. Those rates are increasing for us and we don't qualify for a subsidy. There's no equivalent HSA through the university so that's not an option.

Good thing I paid off my house.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanie View Post
                Don't even get me started on all the problems with NC healthcare right now. They won't expand Medicaid, but it's not being made clear who will and will not have to pay that fine. In theory, anybody who qualifies for Medicaid won't have to pay the fine. In reality, we have a big cluster mess going on here right now. Social
                workers can't answer questions because all the rules are not made out yet.

It's a HUGE HUGE mess over here right now.
                Can't afford it. NC owes $2.6B to the feds for extended unemployment benefits.

Comment

I'm so damned glad that I got rid of my business several years ago.
                  One of my worst headaches was the annual evaluation of the health insurance shit... I hated it...
                  Robert Francis O'Rourke, Democrat, White guy, spent ~78 million to defeat, Ted Cruz, Republican immigrant Dark guy …
                  and lost …
                  But the Republicans are racist.

Comment

I hate it as well. I ignored the email this week from my broker. I'll need to sit down next week. Looks like a 7% increase so far.
                    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
                    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramps View Post
                      I'm so damned glad that I got rid of my business several years ago.
                      One of my worst headaches was the annual evaluation of the health insurance shit... I hated it...
                      Jeez, we all do and that's why companies like us will pay more and get out of the business in a few years. It's a huge black hole in terms of time and money and as more companies dump it, the competition thing becomes moot.

Truthfully, it's such a lop-sided economy right now between employers and prospective hires that we'd be dumb to stay with it. We can keep the higher priced policies for the near retirees (they will pay it) and eventually transition the rest to the exchanges.

This whole thing is about driving people crazy until they accept universal health care. You break a leg - we're on it. You need multiple treatments for ovarian cancer, not so much.

Comment

Jeez, we all do and that's why companies like us will pay more and get out of the business in a few years. It's a huge black hole in terms of time and money and as more companies dump it, the competition thing becomes moot.

Truthfully, it's such a lop-sided economy right now between employers and prospective hires that we'd be dumb to stay with it. We can keep the higher priced policies for the near retirees (they will pay it) and eventually transition the rest to the exchanges.

This whole thing is about driving people crazy until they accept universal health care. You break a leg - we're on it. You need multiple treatments for ovarian cancer, not so much.
                        If this wasn't such a transparent tact designed to drive the country to single-payer I'd give the actual policy some more latitude. That's why this website idiocy is so significant, it's the best this batch of government folks could do with massive resources. They needed this rollout to be smooth to get everyone into this sustainable system that has been designed to crash and burn in a few years.

And they couldn't even do that, but we're supposed to trust their expertise in managing healthcare for the nation?

"Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."

-John Locke

Comment

Working...
                        X