Surprise! Healthcare.gov probably won't work by the end of November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam
    The way to a woman's heart is through her taste buds.
    • Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Surprise! Healthcare.gov probably won't work by the end of November

Software problems with the federal online health insurance marketplace, especially in handling high volumes, are proving so stubborn that the system is unlikely to work fully by the end of the month as the White House has promised, according to an official with knowledge of the project.

The insurance exchange is balking when more than 20,000 to 30,000 people attempt to use it at the same time — about half its intended capacity, said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to disclose internal information. And CGI Federal, the main contractor that built the site, has succeeded in repairing only about six of every 10 of the defects it has addressed so far.

Government workers and tech*nical contractors racing to repair the Web site have concluded, the official said, that the only way for large numbers of Americans to enroll in the health-care plans soon is by using other means so that the online system isn’t overburdened.

This inside view of the halting nature of HealthCare.gov repairs is emerging as the insurance industry is working behind the scenes on contingency plans, in case the site continues to have problems. And it calls into question the repeated assurances by the White House and other top officials that the insurance exchange will work smoothly for the vast majority of Americans by Nov. 30. Speaking in Dallas a week ago, President Obama said that the “Web site is already better than it was at the beginning of October, and by the end of this month, we anticipate that it is going to be working the way it is supposed to, all right?”
    Another broken Obama promise, and indeed this one, like so many others, was a lie from the start. Obama knew that there was no way in Hell that this colossal failure was going to somehow work by the end of November (or indeed ever), but he ran out there and promised it anyway.

Three guys not even old enough to drink can build a working Obamacare website in three days with no money whatsoever, just doing this in their spare time, but a bunch of Democrat cronies get better than half a billion dollars over the course of three years, still can't get it right, and then the corrupt, incompetent company who fucked it all up to begin with gets a new contract to fix what they broke! If it weren't so deadly serious, it would be an hilarious comedy routine.

THIS is the bungling incompetence that is now supposed to diagnose and treat illnesses in this country.
    It's been ten years since that lonely day I left you
    In the morning rain, smoking gun in hand
    Ten lonely years but how my heart, it still remembers
    Pray for me, momma, I'm a gypsy now
  • daveman
    We deal in lead.
    • Sunday, November 10, 2013

Another resume bullet for the Obama Ineptocracy.
    “I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
    I aim with my eye.

"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
    I shoot with my mind.

"I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
    I kill with my heart.”

The Gunslinger Creed, Stephen King, The Dark Tower

Comment

• Lanie
      • Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Not excusing the problems with the website, but people can still go to individual
      insurance companies to ask for a quote. They can let them know if they
      qualify for the subsidy along with benefits of a plan.

on edit: Why do we have this website to begin with? Sounds like a waste of money when people can go to insurance companies themselves.

Comment

• Adam

Originally posted by Lanie View Post
        Not excusing the problems with the website, but people can still go to individual
        insurance companies to ask for a quote. They can let them know if they
        qualify for the subsidy along with benefits of a plan.

on edit: Why do we have this website to begin with? Sounds like a waste of money when people can go to insurance companies themselves.
        You can find out about the subsidies from individual insurance companies or insurance agents or whatever, but to actually get the subsidies, you have to sign up via the website.

Comment

• Frostbit
          But only once

Originally posted by Lanie View Post
          on edit: Why do we have this website to begin with?
          To gather information for identity thieves.
          If it pays, it stays

Comment

• Adam

More re-defining from the boobs in the White House.

"Optimally functioning" to "working for the vast majority" to "marked and noticeable improvement" to "well, it's still a work in progress." I'm sure some time next week, as people are getting ready to make Thanksgiving dinner, they'll get told "just give it more time."

Comment

• scott
              Go-to Guru

Originally posted by Adam View Post
              More re-defining from the boobs in the White House.

"Optimally functioning" to "working for the vast majority" to "marked and noticeable improvement" to "well, it's still a work in progress." I'm sure some time next week, as people are getting ready to make Thanksgiving dinner, they'll get told "just give it more time."
              "The 30th of November is not a magic go, no-go date. It is a work of constant improvement. We have some very specific things we know we need to complete by the 30th and that punch list is getting knocked out every week," Sebelius told The Associated Press.
              Bullshit. November 30th is the date she promised that it would be "an optimally functional" website.

Jeffrey Zients, a former White House budget deputy, said the site will be fixed by Nov. 30. Sebelius said HHS has updated the website's technology with new code and help from experts inside and outside of government.

Sebelius said Wednesday that she feels confident about the Nov. 30 date, noting that the department's assessment is that it will take that long for HealthCare.gov to be "an optimally functional" website. She stressed that government officials, while believing the online portal was ready for its debut, had expecting some problems, but not of this magnitude.
              "Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."
              -John Locke

"It's all been melded together into one giant, authoritarian, leftist scream."
              -Newman

Comment

• gary m
                Ban the DNC and RNC as terrorist organizations

Originally posted by scott View Post
                Bullshit. November 30th is the date she promised that it would be "an optimally functional" website.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...aring/3308771/
                But did she specifically mention November 30th of this year, 2013?
                If not, then you can't really hold her to it can you?
                We are so fucked.

Comment

• Adam

Originally posted by gary m View Post

Comment

• scott
                    Go-to Guru

Originally posted by gary m View Post
                    Touche
                    "Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."
                    -John Locke

"It's all been melded together into one giant, authoritarian, leftist scream."
                    -Newman

Comment

• daveman
                      We deal in lead.
                      • Sunday, November 10, 2013

Remember, folks, it took less time from Pearl Harbor to the defeat of Nazi Germany than for the Obama Administration to build this website.

Why, yes, I think government-run healthcare is a grand idea! They're SURE to be efficient and cost-effective!

“I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
                      I aim with my eye.

"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
                      I shoot with my mind.

"I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
                      I kill with my heart.”

The Gunslinger Creed, Stephen King, The Dark Tower

Comment

• Gingersnap
                        Resident stylistic consultant

Well, in my experience if the "punch list" isn't complete by a date certain, I can get my some of my freaking money back and sue.

That's in real life, of course.
                        "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Comment

• Adam

Well, it sort of works, but please don't everyone stampede there.

The equivocations on this yesterday were quite amusing. The Democrats are desperate to not admit that the entire idea is FUBAR. It somehow manages to be funny even though it's so serious, in that sort of "laugh to keep from crying" sort of way.

Comment

• Michele

May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
                            Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
                            And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
                            may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Comment

Working...
                            X