Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Empty Chair skips national security meeting ... today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Empty Chair skips national security meeting ... today.

WASHINGTON — President Obama had no public events on his schedule today, yet skipped a meeting of his national security team at the White House today as they huddled over the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Seen leaving the meeting at the White House were Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Martin Dempsey, and CIA Director John Brennan.

Vice President Joe Biden reportedly joined the meeting via videoconference, while Obama was briefed later by National Security Advisor Susan Rice.
    Who, no doubt, informed Obama that Putin is merely reacting to the re-release of Red Dawn, plus he's still kinda pissed about Borat.

Good grief. The dumbass can't even be bothered to vote "present" any more. He was absolutely, positively nowhere to be found when our SEALs and diplomat were being murdered in Lybia and he was apparently playing fuck-off today as well.

And before someone tries to cite MediaLiars as some sort of "proof" that Obama wasn't MIA during the attack, no, that's not proof at all. MediaLiars proved that staffers at the White House were in contact with Dempsey. To this day, the White House steadfastly refuses to say where Obama was while the attack was happening. Panetta and Dempsey both say that they did not speak to Obama during the attack.
    It's been ten years since that lonely day I left you
    In the morning rain, smoking gun in hand
    Ten lonely years but how my heart, it still remembers
    Pray for me, momma, I'm a gypsy now

Maybe he was on the phone.

Readout of President Obama’s Call with President Putin

President Obama spoke for 90 minutes this afternoon with President Putin of Russia about the situation in Ukraine. President Obama expressed his deep concern over Russia’s clear violation of Ukrainian sovereignty and territorial integrity, which is a breach of international law, including Russia’s obligations under the UN Charter, and of its 1997 military basing agreement with Ukraine, and which is inconsistent with the 1994 Budapest Memorandum and the Helsinki Final Act. The United States condemns Russia’s military intervention into Ukrainian territory.
    White House: Obama Not Attending National Security Briefing "Not Unusual"

Press pool reports from the White House did not report any movement by Obama Saturday. A senior White House official said Obama was calling world leaders during the meeting.
    “He’s been on the phone with foreign leaders and receiving briefings and updates from his nat-sec team between calls,” the official said.
    Last edited by Norm dePlume; Saturday, March 1, 2014, 10:21 PM.
    Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm dePlume View Post
      Maybe he was on the phone.
      Never went to that website before. Interesting to poke around on it. Tell me, when Bush was president did the same website exist and was it a rolling infomercial then as well?
      If it pays, it stays

Comment

Originally posted by Frostbit View Post
        Never went to that website before. Interesting to poke around on it. Tell me, when Bush was president did the same website exist and was it a rolling infomercial then as well?
        The Bush White House web site still exists as a frozen archive.

I'm sure you'll find it's far superior in every conceivable way.
        Last edited by Norm dePlume; Saturday, March 1, 2014, 11:12 PM.
        Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm dePlume View Post
          The Bush White House web site still exists as a frozen archive.

I'm sure you'll find it's far superior in every conceivable way.
          Looks like propaganda. Exactly what I would expect from any politician. I still say the Obama site you linked to looks like an endless infomercial.

My personal favorite is the Millionaire Meter. Really hi-tech.

Millionaire Meter
          If it pays, it stays

Comment

Originally posted by Frostbit View Post
            Looks like propaganda. Exactly what I would expect from any politician. I still say the Obama site you linked to looks like an endless infomercial.

My personal favorite is the Millionaire Meter. Really hi-tech.

Millionaire Meter
            It's what they specialize in.

Obama’s Orwellian Image Control
            May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
            Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
            And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
            may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Comment

Working...
            X