• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knicks great calls for all-black league amid Clippers race fiasco

Knicks great calls for all-black league amid Clippers race fiasco
    By Marc BermanApril 27, 2014 | 10:06pm

Knicks great calls for all-black league amid Clippers race fiasco

Knicks executive and former player Larry Johnson had a decidedly different but still strong reaction to the racially insensitive remarks Clippers owner Donald Sterling is alleged to have made.

On Saturday night, Johnson tweeted: “Black people your Focusing on the wrong thing. We should be focusing on having our own, Own team own League! To For Self!!’’

The initial indication was Johnson was calling for an all-African-American league complete with black ownership. It wasn’t the first time Johnson, who is black, concerned himself with the fact the NBA’s ownership is mostly white while its players are mostly black.
    Twitter at the link. Well, why not? I'm sure Asians would prefer to watch Asian players, Irish would enjoy Irish-descended players, and so on. It actually makes sense in a certain way since ethnic Japanese are unlikely to muster a team of near 7 footers. Have at it.

NY Post
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Isn't it pretty much all black already? I mean... really.

~Dallas

Comment

Still wondering how the NAACP didn't have the lowdown on Sterling or chose to ignore it.
      May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
      Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
      And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
      may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post

~Dallas
        It looks like they want only black team owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post

~Dallas
          Not black owned, and that's the difference.

So to him I say, "Good luck with that."

Guess what MJ and Magic are going to do with their money?

(follow the market)
          "Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."
          -John Locke

"It's all been melded together into one giant, authoritarian, leftist scream."
          -Newman

Comment

Working...
          X