Hmph.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmph.

Just heard an interesting poll stat on the radio as I ran a quick errand in the car:

Whoever did this survey (and I didn't catch who it was) over the last three days said that 7% of U.S. households had at least one person living there who had tried to sign up for Obamacare since October 1. Of those 7% of households, 7% were satisfied with the experience. IOW, 7% of 7% of Americans so far are actually satisfied with Obamacare and most particularly healthcare.gov.

It dawned on me that, just as a sheer coincidence, I re-launched NEIP on the same day as healthcare.gov was launched, about 18 hours later. I would be a very unhappy camper indeed if only 7% of NEIP members had at least a satisfactory experience here. Granted, I don't have millions upon millions of people coming here looking to get their free shit, only to discover that they have to pay far more for their "free" shit than when they were paying (or not) for it before, but it's not exactly like I charge admission to come here, either. I can at least take some pride in the fact that, even though not everything is working perfectly and I'm still cobbling stuff together, and admittedly I'm fumbling around in the dark with a lot of this stuff, at least the fucking place works, which is more than can be said for a website with the complete resources of the entire federal government of the United States that has had about three and a half years to get their shit together.
    Bask in the warmth of the Deep South
    No one will be denied:
    Big law suits and bathroom toots;
    We're all getting Dixie-fried.
    But somewhere Hank and Lefty
    Are rollin' in their graves
    While kudzu vines grow over signs that read "Jesus Saves."

The only person I know who went on healthcare.gov said she's been fine with it.

I think you and everybody else involved with creating and keeping up notpolitical have done a great job in a lot more ways than one. Actually, I was trying to think just now as to whether I would vote for you as President. I don't agree with you on nearly anything of a political nature, but I know you have a big heart. I don't see enough of that in Washington DC or my own state politics.

Comment

I still hate the skin on the Believers Forum, so there's that.
      Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
      Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

Originally posted by phillygirl View Post
        I still hate the skin on the Believers Forum, so there's that.
        But we still have Billy Bok Jingo.
        Does that go in the plus or minus column?
        We are so fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by gary m View Post
          Overall his presence is a net gain! But don't tell him that. He'll be impossible to deal with.
          Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
          Robert Southwell, S.J.

Comment

Originally posted by gary m View Post

I like that.

I shall refer to him as Billy Bok from now on.

Hey Billy Bok, you were right. I got past it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondo View Post
              I like that.

I shall refer to him as Billy Bok from now on.

Hey Billy Bok, you were right. I got past it.
              Billy Jingoism is a good one too.
              "Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."

-John Locke

Comment

Working...
              X