FTX, Democrats, and Ukraine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read the whole article. Unbelievable!!

A series of revealing texts and tweets by Sam Bankman-Fried, the disgraced CEO of FTX, the once high-flying but now belly-up crypto exchange, had the following to say about his image as a do-gooder: it is a “dumb game we woke westerners play where we say all the right shibboleths and so everyone likes us.”

Very interesting. He had the whole game going: a vegan worried about climate change, supports every manner of justice (racial, social, environmental) except that which is coming for him, and shells out millions to worthy charities associated with the left. He also bought plenty of access and protection in D.C., enough to make his shady company the toast of the town.

As part of the mix, there is this thing called pandemic planning. We should know what that is by now: it means you can’t be in charge of your life because there are bad viruses out there. As bizarre as it seems, and for reasons that are still not entirely clear, favoring lockdowns, masks, and vaccine passports became part of the woke ideological stew.

This is particularly strange because covid restrictions have been proven, over and over, to harm all the groups about whom woke ideology claims to care so deeply. That includes even animal rights: who can forget the Danish mink slaughter of 2020?

Regardless, it’s just true. Masking became a symbol of being a good person, same as vaccinating, veganism, and flying into fits at the drop of a hat over climate change. None of this has much if anything to do with science or reality. It’s all tribal symbolism in the name of group political solidarity. And FTX was pretty good at it, throwing around hundreds of millions to prove the company’s loyalty to all the right causes.

Among them included the pandemic-planning racket. That’s right: there were deep connections between FTX and Covid that have been cultivated for two years. Let’s have a look.
    LINK
    If it pays, it stays

Comment

I seriously doubt he's vegan
      Robert Francis O'Rourke, Democrat, White guy, spent ~78 million to defeat, Ted Cruz, Republican immigrant Dark guy …
      and lost …
      But the Republicans are racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramps View Post
        I seriously doubt he's vegan
        A vegan friend in response to Joyce’s question about his leather belt.

“I bought it used”

Guess that means someone else paid to kill the cow.
        If it pays, it stays

Comment

Originally posted by Frostbit View Post

A vegan friend in response to Joyce’s question about his leather belt.

“I bought it used”

Guess that means someone else paid to kill the cow.
          It's been ten years since that lonely day I left you
          In the morning rain, smoking gun in hand
          Ten lonely years but how my heart, it still remembers
          Pray for me, momma, I'm a gypsy now

Comment

FTX link to war in Ukraine and Democrat campaign funds is disputed by mainstream media, but questions remain

FTX was the third-largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world until it collapsed on Nov. 11. Various online claims have been made that Ukraine invested in the crypto-scam company FTX, whose CEO Sam Bankman-Fried has spent tens of millions of what appear to be skimmed funds to support Democrat candidates and their like-minded political action committees during the 2022 election cycle.

Some of Bankman-Fried’s money went to Sen. Lisa Murkowski’s campaign and the Alaska Democratic Party, and some was funneled to the effort to elect dozens of Democrat candidates around the country, including Congresswoman Mary Peltola through the House Majority PAC.

The biggest campaign spending by Bankman-Fried was $27 million to a Democratic political action committee called Protect Our Future.

Now, a group of House Republicans is asking Secretary of State Antony Blinken to come clean on whether that money was laundered through Ukraine and if U.S. taxpayer aid sent to Ukraine was then funneled into investments in the now-bankrupt FTX. If so, that could mean that taxpayer funds were shuffled around to ultimately support Democrats running for office this year. Bankman-Fried spent nearly $40 million on the 2022 midterms, money that was taken from his cryptocurrency subsidiaries before he declared FTX bankrupt.

If it pays, it stays

Comment

Now, a group of House Republicans is asking Secretary of State Antony Blinken to come clean on whether that money was laundered through Ukraine
              Blinken will never answer that question.
              We will never know where the funds funneled into Ukraine​ went.

Robert Francis O'Rourke, Democrat, White guy, spent ~78 million to defeat, Ted Cruz, Republican immigrant Dark guy …
              and lost …
              But the Republicans are racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramps View Post
                Blinken will never answer that question.
                We will never know where the funds funneled into Ukraine​ went.
                Well, there's never going to be a paper trail, but we already know where much of that went. As scott pointed out, "10% for the big guy." A sizable amount went into a crack pipe for Hunter, and more for hookers. And a lot of it went into bribes.

Comment

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 9.39.29 AM.png
                  If it pays, it stays

Comment

He is lucky it was just blowing a kiss.
                    There are some high powered Democrats that didn't stop there to get where they are today.
                    We are so fucked.

Comment

🔥 I know you were worried about him, what with Christmas right around the corner, but don’t worry. Sam Bankman-Fried, fresh off his recent Bahamian vacation, promptly posted $250 million dollars in bail and is now relaxing in one of his government-connected, Standard law professor parents’ multi-million-dollar homes, under house arrest.
                      The New York Post ran an informative story yesterday headlined, “Inside the $4M Silicon Valley Home Where Sam Bankman-Fried Is Under House Arrest.”

Because his hyphenated parents were renting the home as an AirBnB, the Post was able to download and publish photos of the inside of the 3,000 square foot home, so the public could be assured Sam will be comfortable. Apparently, American novelist David Leavitt grew up in the house before the Bankman-Frieds bought it. It’s nice. Not palatial, but well appointed.

As it always is in this case, the money is the most interesting part.

Here’s how bond works, generally speaking. A defendant has options. The best option is to post the cash with the court as cash bail, because you get it all back once you show up for trial. Otherwise, you can get a loan from a bail bondsman, who will post a bail bond for you. It isn’t free. The bondsman requires two things: a fee, usually at least ten percent, and secure collateral guaranteeing the money, in case the defendant scampers off.

In other words, the bail bondsman normally takes zero risk, unless he is bad at his job and doesn’t make sure the collateral will cover the bail amount.

I couldn’t find ANY official sources explaining how Sam came up with the money to pay his bail. One line of chatter on the Internet suggested that Sam ’s $250M bail bond was secured by his parents’ Palo Alto house (different from the rental he’s under home arrest in).

Still, things don’t quite add up. According to alert researchers, there are sixty homes for sale in Palo Alto, ranging in price from $950K to $53.9M — not even close to the $250M bail amount. The hyphenated professors don’t have the cash, nor does their net worth suggest their fancy Palo Alto home is worth anything close to $250M. Per recent news reports, Joseph Bankman’s net worth is $5M, and Barbara Fried’s is $3.8M. Sam doesn’t have it; he said in public statements that he only had $100,000 left.

So … where’d the bond come from? Or if a bail bondsman was involved, where’d the collateral to secure the bond come from?

Who knows, but it’s a Christmas miracle!

Some other unconfirmed chatter suggests that the New York US Attorney might have agreed to pay Sam’s bail, as part of the deal for Sam to consent to extradition to the United States. I would’ve expected an official announcement about that, though. But who knows, these days.

The other thing that feels odd about this story is: this is the first time in my entire life that I can remember one of these mega-fraudsters being surrounded and coddled by their parents as the Ponzi-scheme implodes.

Is Sam Bankman-Fried a man-child? A boy-man? What? How could a man-child create a vast international financial business in three years?

LINK
                      If it pays, it stays

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post

There is not a facepalm in the world big enough.

facepalm.png
                        LINK

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 11.52.04 AM.png
                        If it pays, it stays

Comment

This must be the signal for Pelosi and the rest of the Swamp rats to start buying BlackRock so they can get in ahead of the plebes.
                          We are so fucked.

Comment

We are so fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Frostbit View Post
                              I would suspect, though I certainly don't know for certain, that you get into "jumbo-loan" status there, where some bondsman takes the risk at a considerably lower risk rate (say, 2-3%, maybe less) just because the defendant is so high-profile that he can't really hide anywhere in the world. It's not like this kid can just run off to Rio or whatever: someone's going to recognize him and if they get a $10K payout or whatever just for dropping a dime, then they'll do so.

That having been said, the judge should have required cash bond only for this guy and revoked any and all passports. Make it hurt to leave and impossible (as much as one can) to get into another country.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                                I would suspect, though I certainly don't know for certain, that you get into "jumbo-loan" status there, where some bondsman takes the risk at a considerably lower risk rate (say, 2-3%, maybe less) just because the defendant is so high-profile that he can't really hide anywhere in the world. It's not like this kid can just run off to Rio or whatever: someone's going to recognize him and if they get a $10K payout or whatever just for dropping a dime, then they'll do so.

That having been said, the judge should have required cash bond only for this guy and revoked any and all passports. Make it hurt to leave and impossible (as much as one can) to get into another country.
                                I agree, but the reality is that, for a not-inconsiderable chunk of change, a person can purchase very good fake ID and passport, a planted personal history that will stand up to routine scrutiny, and even a new face. If I were a very wealthy scam artist like him, I would already have most of these things in place, cheerfully surrender my legitimate passport, and be gone within hours of release on bond.
                                "Since the historic ruling, the Lovings have become icons for equality. Mildred released a statement on the 40th anniversary of the ruling in 2007: 'I am proud that Richard’s and my name is on a court case that can help reinforce the love, the commitment, the fairness, and the family that so many people, Black or white, young or old, gay or straight, seek in life. I support the freedom to marry for all. That’s what Loving, and loving, are all about.'." - Mildred Loving (Loving v. Virginia)

Comment

Working...
                                X