Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lie of the Year:

'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it'
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Too bad it took 5 years for that big lie to be proven false.

LOTS of people knew that it was bullshit when he first said it.
    "Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."

-John Locke

Comment

What's annoying about this (beyond the obvious) is that if a Republican had stated this over and over and over, the media would spend no time explaining it and would condemn the speaker constantly at this point.

I'm not a Republican and have no great love for them but this outrageous bias in the media is what makes normal people distrust the Press so much.
      "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Comment

Originally posted by Gingersnap View Post
        What's annoying about this (beyond the obvious) is that if a Republican had stated this over and over and over, the media would spend no time explaining it and would condemn the speaker constantly at this point.

I'm not a Republican and have no great love for them but this outrageous bias in the media is what makes normal people distrust the Press so much.
        Not to mention that it would have won McCain or Romney the Presidency but for the timing of the rollout. This is what we've now become, a society that votes on promises and then rewards failure with more time.
        "Faith is nothing but a firm assent of the mind : which, if it be regulated, as is our duty, cannot be afforded to anything but upon good reason, and so cannot be opposite to it."

-John Locke

Comment

And if you've lost the St. Petersburg Times and you're left of center, you've really lost.

-John Locke

Comment

One example: PBS Newshour interviewed a woman from Washington, D.C., who was a supporter of the health care law and found her policy canceled. New policies had significantly higher rates. She told Newshour that the only thing the new policy covered that her old one didn’t was maternity care and pediatric services. And she was 58.

"The chance of me having a child at this age is zero. So, you know, I ask the president, why do I have to pay an additional $5,000 a year for maternity coverage that I will never, ever need?" asked Deborah Persico.
            PBS, Bok.

-John Locke

Comment

Originally posted by scott View Post
              Too bad it took 5 years for that big lie to be proven false.

LOTS of people knew that it was bullshit when he first said it.
              It's right about now that I wish the NU archives were still around. The Left just swore up, down, and sideways that anyone who pointed this out at the time was just a racist who was mad about there being a Black guy at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Of course, most of those who swore that would never acknowledge it today.

I really, truly, honestly don't think that there was as much spin about 9/11 and Iraq combined as there is about Obamafail.
              It's been ten years since that lonely day I left you
              In the morning rain, smoking gun in hand
              Ten lonely years but how my heart, it still remembers
              Pray for me, momma, I'm a gypsy now

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                It's right about now that I wish the NU archives were still around. The Left just swore up, down, and sideways that anyone who pointed this out at the time was just a racist who was mad about there being a Black guy at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Of course, most of those who swore that would never acknowledge it today.

I really, truly, honestly don't think that there was as much spin about 9/11 and Iraq combined as there is about Obamafail.
                Oh you and me both. Mellie (RIP) set forth to delete all references to our epic conversations about how great things were going to be under this "transformational leader" who has turned out to be neither transformational nor a leader. Chrissy has me blocked on facebook, and if you remember he was the resident "expert" on this stuff since he worked in IT for a company related to healthcare.

"Leave it to us experts" was the refrain. These idiot are not experts.

-John Locke

Comment

Oh you and me both. Mellie (RIP) set forth to delete all references to our epic conversations about how great things were going to be under this "transformational leader" who has turned out to be neither transformational nor a leader. Chrissy has me blocked on facebook, and if you remember he was the resident "expert" on this stuff since he worked in IT for a company related to healthcare.

Heh! I forgot about Chris' so-called "expertise."

Comment

Someone tell them the headline should be "Salespitch of the Year".
                    Science that cannot be questioned is propaganda.

Cameras in classrooms now.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                      Someone tell them the headline should be "Salespitch of the Year".
                      "Salespitch" and "lie" are not mutually exclusive.
                      Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm dePlume View Post
                        When it comes from the President of the United States, it should be.
                        Robert Francis O'Rourke, Democrat, White guy, spent ~78 million to defeat, Ted Cruz, Republican immigrant Dark guy …
                        and lost …
                        But the Republicans are racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramps View Post
                          When it comes from the President of the United States, it should be.
                          A fucking men.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm dePlume View Post
                            Yeah, if you're Joe Isuzu.
                            Science that cannot be questioned is propaganda.

Cameras in classrooms now.

Comment

Yeah, well I dared to disagree with him a while back and it wasn't pretty. You're not missing anything. I don't remember any "You're a racist if you disagree with Obama" arguments on NU. In fact, I haven't seen a whole lot of "You're a racist" arguments in general. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention.

Comment

Working...
                              X