Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey there!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey there!

    I was invited here from another forum and I see quite a few familiar names already. I have no idea what the user that invited me goes by here but First Man thanks for the invite! Oh... btw... I used to go by American Soldier on another forum that some of you here used to frequent... Thanks!

  • #2
    Welcome, brother! Glad you came along.


    ETA: obviously, I go by just plan "Adam."
    Bask in the warmth of the Deep South
    No one will be denied:
    Big law suits and bathroom toots;
    We're all getting Dixie-fried.
    But somewhere Hank and Lefty
    Are rollin' in their graves
    While kudzu vines grow over signs that read "Jesus Saves."

    Comment


    • #3
      Welcome aboard! We have a lot of fun here.
      "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

      Comment


      • #4
        That's it. I'm inviting Norm.
        "There are four lights!"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Billy Jingo View Post
          That's it. I'm inviting Norm.
          He's certainly welcome. I'd be glad to have him here.





          Just a little note, in case anyone was wondering:

          I've intentionally never pursued a "recruitment drive" for NEIP, largely because it's been my observation that 90% or more of the folks who sign up during "recruitment" hang around for a few days and then "go home." Then they wander in (usually bringing a trainload of other boards' drama) every six months or so when their "home" board goes down or something. So it's always been more of a goal for me to have "natural" growth instead of these recruitment "infusions."

          But in the same vein, I don't not want anyone invited here, nor is anyone particularly "unwelcome." (OK, that Evor Lrak guy probably wouldn't be terribly welcome here, but other than him and perhaps stupidcrash, I really do try to not make NEIP exclusive to anyone if I can.) But this does bump a little bit into a personal rule of mine (not a board rule): I am pretty uncomfortable with personally "recruiting" active members at someone else's board. That's, effectively, "poaching" in my view and I wouldn't want that done to me as the admin here. Consider it a "golden rule" sort of thing with me: I just think that would be rather uncool of me to do.

          So while I'm happy for anyone to ask anyone else to sign up, I would respectfully ask that members here not go running off somewhere and inviting everyone there. Want to invite a buddy or two? Great. Know someone who is unhappy where they are? Hasn't been active there for a while? Cool. But please don't anyone go out and try to just "harvest" new members en masse from other boards.

          Like I said, this isn't any sort of a board rule. It's just how I personally feel and a polite request to honor that.

          Comment


          • #6
            Welcome!
            May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
            Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
            And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
            may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hey mgunner...I remember you from a while back...you might have known me by either my current name, or Boots...hard to remember, easy to forget!

              Welcome...we're a pretty casual crew here, so enjoy.
              Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
              Robert Southwell, S.J.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Billy Jingo View Post
                That's it. I'm inviting Norm.
                Adam, can we vote on banning Norm in advance and putting BillyBokJingo on Mu?
                Robert Francis O'Rourke, Democrat, White guy, spent ~78 million to defeat, Ted Cruz, Republican immigrant Dark guy …
                and lost …
                But the Republicans are racist.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I remember Adam, Scott ( if you're the same Scott that started NU), Lanie, and PG/Boots from NU back in the day. Good to see you all. I am sure I missed so either folks that I know from the past. Please don't take offense... I will catch up to everyone I know here eventually. Unless I get banned lol... One never knows...


                  Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    So gunner......any significance to the name? Accidental discharge histroy, homocides, killing of helpless animals.....the usual.
                    If it pays, it stays

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Frostbit View Post
                      homocides.....
                      Should some of our members now be in fear of traveling to Alaska?
                      We are so fucked.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mgunner View Post
                        I remember Adam, Scott ( if you're the same Scott that started NU), Lanie, and PG/Boots from NU back in the day. Good to see you all. I am sure I missed so either folks that I know from the past. Please don't take offense... I will catch up to everyone I know here eventually. Unless I get banned lol... One never knows...


                        Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
                        Only a couple of rules here, really:
                        1. No dragging drama. If you've (the Royal You) got drama from somewhere else, keep it there.
                        2. No stalking. If you've got a problem with another member, work it out, but don't stalk them around the board or stalk someone here from somewhere else (an extension of that whole "no dragging drama" thing).
                        3. Please respect the non-political areas as being non-political. We all screw up from time to time and break this one, so I'm not going to be a real ball-buster about that, but please, everyone, at least try.
                        4. No threatening of public officials or candidates (elected or otherwise), even obliquely.



                        So you know, NEIP is still recovering from a complete crash. Long story short, we're doing a complete re-boot from the board I started up on November 1, 2009, as NU was collapsing in a farting heap. It took another few months for NU to die its rather inglorious death. Anyway, because of re-building everything all over again, I haven't gotten around to writing up an official set of rules as of yet, but the above is the general gist.

                        You should also know that no one (other than spambots) has ever been actually banned from NEIP in nearly four years. One guy got a week's vacation once earlier this year (I had to get out the manual to remember how to do that), and has apparently since left of his own volition, but we're not really big on just shitcanning people around here. I'm not into the whole power-trip thing and the staff, such as it is, is under standing orders to come find me and put a bullet in my head if I start tuning into some sort of power-drunk autocrat or board dictator or whatever. I will not use admin BS to screw around with members.

                        My philosophy with this place is to make and keep it "member-driven." It's not my board; it's your board, and I'm merely providing some guidance and technical support. So, if there's something you want, speak up! I'll do what I can to make it happen. Like a particular hack or want a forum dedicated to left-handed midgets or something? Let me know and if it's possible (and reasonable), I'll do what I can to make it happen.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by gary m View Post
                          Should some of our members now be in fear of traveling to Alaska?
                          There is a list.
                          If it pays, it stays

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Administrator View Post
                            Only a couple of rules here, really:
                            1. No dragging drama. If you've (the Royal You) got drama from somewhere else, keep it there.
                            2. No stalking. If you've got a problem with another member, work it out, but don't stalk them around the board or stalk someone here from somewhere else (an extension of that whole "no dragging drama" thing).
                            3. Please respect the non-political areas as being non-political. We all screw up from time to time and break this one, so I'm not going to be a real ball-buster about that, but please, everyone, at least try.
                            4. No threatening of public officials or candidates (elected or otherwise), even obliquely.



                            So you know, NEIP is still recovering from a complete crash. Long story short, we're doing a complete re-boot from the board I started up on November 1, 2009, as NU was collapsing in a farting heap. It took another few months for NU to die its rather inglorious death. Anyway, because of re-building everything all over again, I haven't gotten around to writing up an official set of rules as of yet, but the above is the general gist.

                            You should also know that no one (other than spambots) has ever been actually banned from NEIP in nearly four years. One guy got a week's vacation once earlier this year (I had to get out the manual to remember how to do that), and has apparently since left of his own volition, but we're not really big on just shitcanning people around here. I'm not into the whole power-trip thing and the staff, such as it is, is under standing orders to come find me and put a bullet in my head if I start tuning into some sort of power-drunk autocrat or board dictator or whatever. I will not use admin BS to screw around with members.

                            My philosophy with this place is to make and keep it "member-driven." It's not my board; it's your board, and I'm merely providing some guidance and technical support. So, if there's something you want, speak up! I'll do what I can to make it happen. Like a particular hack or want a forum dedicated to left-handed midgets or something? Let me know and if it's possible (and reasonable), I'll do what I can to make it happen.
                            cool! I'm down with that! And for the record you didn't ban me from NU... It was under different management at the time... Lol..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mgunner View Post
                              cool! I'm down with that! And for the record you didn't ban me from NU... It was under different management at the time... Lol..
                              Don't believe him...he/they have ignored my repeated requests for a whiny zone. so I whine in all of them.
                              Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
                              Robert Southwell, S.J.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X